Author Topic: To Link Or Not To Link  (Read 1894 times)

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
To Link Or Not To Link
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:10:27 PM »
If you wish to post a link to or an advertisement for another fishing website or fishing forum Please send me a PM containing the relevant information: web address, why you think the link is needed and so forth. As for other types of commercial sites Fishin247 does not allow links to Best Buy or The New York Times, tackle manufactures ect. If these commercial ventures want to advertise on the site they are free to do so buy contacting the management. You are free to post informational links such as stream level data and links to government info in the proper locations.

As far as other outdoor forums go my feeling has always been what ever their policy is then that is what mine will be. If they let me go on and mention my site(s) then I am glad to reciprocate. If they let me join and place a hot link in my signature then they can too. So if your favorite site will let you put a fishin247, huntin247 or icefishin247 link in your signature then you can put one for them here.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

To Link Or Not To Link
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:10:27 PM »

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
Re: To Link Or Not To Link
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
I think everyone should take a minute and read this age old 247 policy (above). It is the year 2009. There are search engines. Please resist the urge to put in a link to what ever product is the topic of the moment. You can name and discuss whatever products, ice fishing/fishing and outdoor related, that you wish. However if I deem that there is blatant spamming of a particular product happening, posts may be deleted and I will take whatever steps are necessary to correct the situation. If you are so enamored of a product as to believe that we can not live with out it. Contact them and suggest that they buy a banner ad on this site.
Remember to support our site sponsors!
thanks
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Garland Jones

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:41:32 PM »
AMEN to this.

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »
I think everyone should take a minute and read this age old 247 policy (above). It is the year 2009. There are search engines. Please resist the urge to put in a link to what ever product is the topic of the moment. You can name and discuss whatever products, ice fishing/fishing and outdoor related, that you wish. However if I deem that there is blatant spamming of a particular product happening, posts may be deleted and I will take whatever steps are necessary to correct the situation. If you are so enamored of a product as to believe that we can not live with out it. Contact them and suggest that they buy a banner ad on this site.
Remember to support our site sponsors!
thanks
FM

I guess it is time to remind all the everyone that posting links or banners for products is not allowed. I used to allow  informational informational but the privilidge was so abused that it was taken away. Placing ads and links is how I hope to make a few bucks here and there to cover my expences and hopefully someday make a few for myself. Banners for products are my business. Links to businesses are my business.
thanks
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question