Author Topic: Boots, again  (Read 6333 times)

Offline chez

• PBR Man
Re: Boots, again
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »
I swear by the MICKEY MOUSE BOOTS for icefishin.Been using them for years.Im getting a new pair this year.My old ones ripped across the top of toes from some cheep ice cleats.I have never gotten cold in these boots.This new pair will be the third pair i bought in 34 years.Price is around 40.00 in the sportsman guide catolog.I have even worn them hunting on bitter days in my tree stands.I would were nothing else on the ice. !<>!
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »

Offline zziipp

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 04:21:30 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with Colombia boots, they seem to have really good reviews and look built to last, although it seems they are more geared for hiking but how many times do you go ice fishing and not walk very far, they even make rechargeable battery heated pair.
  hd i just purchased a pair of the columbia bugaboot plus xtm ll omni heat 600 gram reflective heat tech boots. thier supposed to be good to -56 f. when i picked up the box they weighed less than one of my old boots. they fit nice and support your ankles like a glove. they claim to be waterproof and very warm and the traction is exellent . i will let you know how they work out once the ice is here this year. the construction is tough they look like they will take a beating no problem.they fit and wear like they were made for the serious hiker.they grip nice on rocks and the ankle support is unbelivelable. now i just need freezing temps and some auger back wash to complete the test.
WHO SAID WE CAN'T WALK ON WATER.MUST BE A LAND LOVER.

Offline HenryDavid

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 03:37:36 PM »
Thanks zziipp I've been waiting for a 1st hand review of Colombia boots, can I ask where you got them?

Offline zziipp

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Thanks zziipp I've been waiting for a 1st hand review of Colombia boots, can I ask where you got them?
gander

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »

Offline Theo1963

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
I think some of the sub zero boot makers do a wonderful job. This year, I have been seeing allot of rechargeable remote controlled heated foot inserts. How long will it be before the materials does not matter anymore?
Enjoy the oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers and land as they are. But remember, it's not just yours. Carry out what you carry in.

Offline zziipp

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »
I think some of the sub zero boot makers do a wonderful job. This year, I have been seeing allot of rechargeable remote controlled heated foot inserts. How long will it be before the materials does not matter anymore?
i have enough battery operated devices i dont know if i want to rely on anymore. hopefully these produce as advertised.if its below zero i will be in a tent jigging. maybe put out 2 tipups with big bait.

Offline carhartt123

• Ice Man
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
Picked theses up in the bargain bin at cabelas a few years ago. Very light for there size and my feet are always warm and dry. Not much more to ask from a pair of boots

Offline Dakota

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »

"Mickey Mouse" Combat Boots they are a great boot and are priced a lot cheaper than other boots that wont keep you feet half as warm or dry.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:02:25 AM by Dakota »

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »

Offline dom570

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 11:07:59 PM »
I have had the same pro lines since I was 12 best boots I have

Offline zziipp

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 07:01:54 AM »
well hd them columbia boots i bought dont live up to their claims of warm feet. thay need a barrier for the sole.i even put a thermal insole in and my feet still get cold.the boot is tuff and well made just not as warm as they claim. down the road im going to get either a 2000 gram muck style boot or a good pac boot. in short dont waste your money on columbia boots. ive had 50 dollar pac boots that were way warmer then the columbias.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 07:01:54 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question