Author Topic: Clam Ice Anchor Tool  (Read 2552 times)

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Clam Ice Anchor Tool
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
I had hopes for this. I really did. It probably works great. It looks well designed and durable. Clam co. could have sold a lot more of these but there was one thing that they forgot to consider when they were making this. There are lots of different varieties of ice anchors out there. I happen to have two brand name types: Eskimo Ice Anchors and the ice anchors that came with my Eastman Ice Cube Shelter. The Clam tool will not work with either.  >:( To top it off now that I have it - I figured I would just buy a couple sets of Clam Anchors to go with it. Well, they come as a two pack bundled with tie downs that I don't need. Hey Clam co. how about a 4 pack of just the anchors. Well designed but poorly thought out, unless they expect everyone to switch to a Clam system. Don't buy this unless you have the Clam Anchors.
FM
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:26:51 PM by fishin_musician »
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

Clam Ice Anchor Tool
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »

Offline RutNut

• The NEW and IMPROVED RutNut! ;-)
Re: Clam Ice Anchor Tool
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »
FM- I just picked up this tool and the twin pack of ice anchors with the straps for my Clam Kenai. Got them both on sale at Gander.

Just looked on the CLAM site and I guess they heard you, because they now sell just the anchors in a 3-pack.  ;)

Offline RutNut

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 07:38:43 AM »
Well, I tried the tool and the anchors yesterday. I don't like how they work, so I will be returning  them today to get a different style!  :(  The tool does not hold the anchor vertically when drilling into ice. It is off-center, so when it spins it opens up a wide hole. Kind of like a top that is not spinning properly on it's axis. Very poor design IMHO.

Offline Foul Anchor

• Enjoy life, there is plenty of time to be dead...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 07:52:31 AM »
Thanks for the thread...I bought one as well and have yet to try it.  It seems to fit the shappell anchors I bought.  I have heard only great stuff from the eskimo anchors and tool...I may just switch up and go that route...

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 07:52:31 AM »

Offline RutNut

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
No problem. I almost got the other style anchors and had the pack in my hand, but pulled the trigger on the CLAMS. Luckily I pass Gandermountain every day on the way home from work!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question