Author Topic: Location Info Posting or Spot Burning?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Location Info Posting or Spot Burning?
« on: January 01, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »
Site Policy: on posting locations is be your own guide. If you treasure the spot and can't abide the "word" getting out keep it to yourself ( I don't give up some of my special spots). If someone else posts about it that is their business. If you decide to make it personal you will get warned. If you keep going you will be put in the "BOX" until you can behave civilly. Name calling flaming are not tolerated here. If you can't make a point w/o resorting to name calling and insults go to charm school or just zip it up. Public Lakes and Ponds are not your personal property look up public property and read the definition. If this bothers anyone, it's a free country, you are free to leave and seek your fortunes elsewhere.

If you feel you have a legitimate beef and can make a rational case send me a PM and I will get together with the parties and call in others to get some background info if necessary. After reviewing the situation I may make some polite suggestions. I have worked with others in this manner in the past and the results were far better than starting a flaming war that goes no where.

FM
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:06:05 PM by fishin_musician »
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

Location Info Posting or Spot Burning?
« on: January 01, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »

Offline Jayp413

• tight lines
Re: Location Info Posting or Spot Burning?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »
I've seen other sites really go downill fast because of this argument. I have always disliked when people blur out the background of a picture. You don't have to say the name, but it really feels more like a bragging post then a fishing report when the background is blurred out. If someone can identify a spot by a picture then your not the first one to ever fish this magical place and won't be the last. I don't need the gps coordinates but I don't want to feel like you can't trust us to look at a woodline in the background and then think we will post up there the next ice fishing day. Just my two cents because that's all I can afford.  :)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
Re: Location Info and Spot Burning?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:43:55 PM »
I took this topic off sticky last fall thinking that everyone got it boy was I wrong. To summarize:

Anyone is free to post or not post and that will not be held against them.

You can post as much or as little about your topic, or a topic, as you are comfortable with.

No one will be allowed to flame, shame or harass members (specifically or generally) who don't post their fishing locations.

No one will be allowed to flame, shame or harass members (specifically or generally) who do post their fishing locations.

You can fish as a group or by yourself lol I can't believe this is necessary, but I got criticized for it today. I prefer to fish alone but occasionally enjoy company. Its a free country last time I checked, do as you please.

I love to see your photos. You don't have to post photos, If you do post them you may hide you location w/o being flamed, shamed or harassed by other members.

As noted else where in the FAQ's I reserve the right to edit posts and topics as I see fit. I will move, split, merge and once and a while delete posts and or topics. In most cases it is simply putting a misplaced topic in the correct spot. I try to notify the party involved but for teensie weensie little posts I may not.

Finally, as stated elsewhere in the FAQ's if you have a beef send me a PM I'm not too fond of having to play captain of the drama team while doing homework with my children. Using the forum as a place to vent your displeasure with the site or the management will lead to acct termination.
FM

This seems reasonable to me. If there is something about these guidelines that is intolerable to you you are in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:37:12 PM by fishin_musician »
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Filetandrelease

• Ice Man
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:17:03 AM »

I like pics , far as giving up a spot just take a downward pic then you don't give up where you were fishing , I personally I'm happy that guys are sharing their good fortune , I too get a little jealous sometimes when guys have a private spot that know one else can fish , this doesn't allow some friendly competition  , but it doesn't take away from the quality of the fish just my .02

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:17:03 AM »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 06:24:34 AM »
I take those downward shots.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline FISHFORPIKE

• Ice-Fishing Time
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:33:31 AM »
I take a few PICs now and then.  Some don't get posted because of the location giveaway it would provide.  I'm with you on this FM.  Don't look if you don't like.  It's easy.
ICE is "NICE"

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:33:31 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question