Author Topic: Tournament Questions  (Read 3836 times)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Re: Tournament Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »
last year, when posting a result photo, the poster had to indicate their assessment as to the length of the fish.  i don't see that as a rule this year and see a mix of people providing that info or not.  can we get a clarification (or restatement of the lack of a rule, if that is the case)?

thx

ALL TOURNAMENT CONTESTANTS READ UP!! 

Many of your entries are missing the mark for some of the simpler details. In addition, I am amending some of the specifics to bring greater uniformity to your entries, and to make monitoring the entries easier for me. For the record the rules in quotes are as they were earlier this evening and below you can see the changes. small stuff mostly. If you have missed entering some of the information that is required add it by using a follow up post in the appropriate thread. Then get with it! after this Friday, I will be the rules nazi.
thanks
FM

Rules / Regulations
There are entry threads set up for our various winter targets. All entries must list the state and county where caught or they will be discounted.

Private Ponds** are allowable again this year. (feel free to post as much additional info as you please).

Please post your entries as near to the date of the catch as possible.Same day posting is best, a day or two's OK. If you are on a road trip a week? should be sufficient to get your entry(s) posted. What I will not accept is anyone sitting on their catch for the season then at the last moment dumping a couple dozen pics. The other contestants and the members of the site are interested in fair play and deserve to see the results as they take place.

Rules / Regulations

There are entry threads set up for our various winter targets. All entries must list the state and county where caught or they will be discounted. Private Ponds** are allowable again this year. (feel free to post as much additional info as you please). 

Please post your entries as soon (near to the date of the catch) as possible. The same day posting is best, no more than 48 hours from the time of the catch.  
If you are on a road trip 24 hours after your return should be sufficient to get your entry(s) posted.

I will not accept is anyone sitting on their catch for the season then at the last moment posting their entries. The other contestants and the members of the site are interested in fair play and deserve to see the results as they take place.

The Condition of entered fish will be assessed.
Your entries will be evaluated, if need be, on the condition or appearance presented in the posted entry photos.
First of all, let common sense rule the day. If you catch a monster and don't have your camera your screwed, if your batteries are dead or the memory card is missing your screwed. Make sure you have what you need to do this right. Secondly, let common sense rule the day, If it is a warm day and you have just caught a nice fish take your pics asap while the fish looks fresh and alive. If it is -10 degrees, snowing, very windy and you get a nice fish take your pics asap. Your fish will look frozen and frosty, I've been there and understand that. just do it and post it asap. I will be able to relate the weather to the fishes condition. Take and post your pics as soon as possible

Reasons for disqualification! mutilated fish, fish that don't look right, hard to explain but I know it when I see it: mutilated body parts, cloudy eyes, no markings, dull colors, no muscle tone. are examples. again take your shots asap, as soon as possible!!!

So to sum this up in a nutshell.
Be sure to post your measurements for your entries!
Be sure to tell us what state and the county that you caught your entry in!
Take your entry photos asap! and post them asap!
Don't mutilate your fish to make it appear longer.
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

Re: Tournament Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question