Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Ardis Quick Digger 60g  (Read 1692 times)

Offline JigIt4

Ardis Quick Digger 60g
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »
Ive had this auger in the barn forever (ardis quick digger 60g) and have been trying to get it going. Its pretty much ancient but I ve read online that people are still using them. My great grandparents used it in wisconsin and it worked great. My problem is it wont get a spark and im sure if i can get it to it will start right up. Any input? anyone ever heard of one of these?

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Head Lurker
Re: Ardis Quick Digger 60g
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »
Sounds like a bad plug wire or a bad coil in the magneto. Iy you can get any of the nuts to turn w/out breaking off or stripping. Take off some of the protective shrouds and maybe you can remove and replace the plug wire and see if it sparks you don't need to get a new plug wire any piece of lamp cord that can be screwed into the connector should allow you to see if there is a spark. If none then my guess is that the coils that make the electricity when the magnet spins past them have a break in them. In that case you might find some generator repair shop that would rewnid them for you. Bringing something like that back to life is a labor of love and may cost some $$. For what it is worth the Ardis was the first EarthQuake posthole driller. Made by Ardisman aka Eskimo ice augers.
FM

Roughly 50 years old.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:23:18 PM by fishin_musician »
Have an Ice Day!

Offline duckbuster

• IF247 Staff
  • Gettin' Jiggy
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
Gotta a pic of the old gal, Just love seeing gear from yesteryear.

Offline hankthecrank

• Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »
Thread not any good without pics! :)
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER