Author Topic: Fond Du Lac Co. Lakes  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Get Hooked

Re: Fond Du Lac Co. Lakes
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 06:28:55 AM »
If this extreme cold moves on, my camera could last a little longer to take more pics. There will be more pics soon, and hopefully pics with fish.  ;D

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 06:28:55 AM »

Offline JASON

• I am a fisherman and musician "guitars/keyboards".
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 04:51:23 PM »
GET HOOKED, Michelle and I say the same thing about the weather every time we plan a trip. Seems every day we can go its raining, freezing cold, blizzard, or its smack dab on the day a coldfront movies in. SUCKS!!!!! This whole ice season has sucked for us. I am gonna make a come back this open water season though, redeem myself. Its gonna be an awesome open water season. I am gonna fish bass and catch some 20+ inchers, walleyes are gonna be going good, perch, trout, and salmon on the BIG POND are gonna be slamming, muskies are gonna be chomping, it'll be a good year. Last night I opened my musky fishing box up, made some 100lb test fluorocarbon leaders, and got stricken with MUSKY FEVER!!!! We gotta get out there this year and pound the water for some muskies Mr. Hooked, lol. I love catching everything else but, the musky is the one fish that has eluded me more then cooperated for me and, that reason as well as many others makes me want to pursue the species even more. Also, I made a few more of my fancy musky spinners I want to try out. Now all my spinners have double blades, and I have 12 Cowgirl style baits, and I believe about 20 bucktail style baits, all double bladed. It'll be a good year. Who knows, this ice season may turn around for us, but I am looking forward to open water. Walleyes are my first target for sure, and maybe steelhead in the rivers if I have a few hours to blow in the afternoons.

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 11:10:27 PM »
I went to our secret lake again today and missed a fish on a flag that went into the weeds. I did manage 1 fish on the ice. It was good to see that not only the Perch have some size to them in this lil lake. I wasnt prepared to fish for anything other than Perch, so I had lots of lookers, and only this one taker. I got him on a small spoon with a shiner head. Next time I will bring a rod ready for gills. Every hole had fish, just the shallower fish seemed more aggressive. They were in 5-6 f.o.w.. Fish in 10-18 f.o.w. were just followers and lookers. I figured the Perch were the lookers. Lots of snow on the ice and lots of slush under the snow. Really made it tough to move around.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:12:34 PM by Get Hooked »

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 05:56:18 AM »
I finally got out on the ice Monday! Course after getting out about 40 yds I was gettin a little scared. Punching holes in 2 hits with the stick. Thinnest was breaking near shore, but that quickly thickened to 2-3 inches, of cracking ice. Snow covered most of the ice, so that added to the unknown scariness. My buddy and I could not stand too long next to each other or the cracking would just give you a heart attack. We did have life vests on and a rope, But thinking of our families at home, we decided to call it. We could have probably got away with it, But it was just one of those days when you had to make a critical decision. We checked other lakes, Long Lake looked scarier. Best we found was 4 inches on 4 different lakes., with the sun beating down today and the wind acting like a blow dryer on the ice, We used our heads, and we really wanted to get out there bad! We made the right call. We will be out this weekend tho, i hope.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 05:56:18 AM »

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
7 fish for me yesterday morning. My buddies got a few also. This was the biggest at 28 inches. Most fish were 25 and something, but this was the only legal one.
 Almost lost a rod down the hole today, caught it with just inches of the handle still sticking out the hole. It was hilarious! Felt somewhat like an @ss, But by now, i'm use to feeling like that. lol It was a fun day. 4-6 inches of ice. You could still walk with heavy steps and get the ice to crack and move, but it felt pretty good. After these next few cold nights, machines will be out for sure.

We caught fish in 2 F.O.W. and up to 12 F.O.W.. This fish was caught in 12. But about 2ft over a weedbed that I marked in late fall. I caught the most fish, and all my lines were above or edges of weedbeds that I marked on gps.. My buddies were all over, and they were getting flags, still in the same area. I was running beads with blade with a shiner, they were just runnin plain trebles, I was above weedbeds, Most of theirs weren't. I tried out my Ice fish pro and it totally works as its suppose to. Perfect hooksets on all 3 fish that were caught on it. No misses., And pullin in a pike on a rod vs. hand over hand, is alot funner. Check'm out.

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »
Ice is about 4-7 inches thick around here, but it does vary, so always be aware. I went out this morning and it was slow for me. I got 2 Pike and 2 dink Perch. Nothin to brag about. I did take a video using my ice pro. I love that thing! Well, I would love to share the video, but it dont want to work on here.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:52:01 PM by Get Hooked »

Offline zziipp

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:52 AM »
nice pics get hooked. i would be happy with 4". i checked a lake 2 days ago that had 2-3" now almost nothing and warmer temps on the way. :?
WHO SAID WE CAN'T WALK ON WATER.MUST BE A LAND LOVER.

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »
I did the secret Perch lake thing this morning and had a pretty good morning. Fish were from 12 F.O.W. down to 6 F.o.w.. IN THE WEEDS! Tip-ups has to be checked routinely to keep the Medium Shiners from getting into the weeds. You had to get to the flags fast before the Perch took you in the weeds. Several fish were lost because of it. Jiggin was also fun, I lost 2 more 11's cuz of the transducer cable. Both were in the hole, i just didnt get to them in time. Got a nice wet sleeve on one of the attemps tho.. 1030 came around and the Little Green Sunfish moved in and always beat the Perch to the lure. The ice was cracking today like I never heard it before. It was awesome and scary at the same time. Had my 2nd oppertunity of having a crack go between my legs. I watched it come and go.. What a feeling that is when you can feel the crack, and i mean a good crack. I dont think i can get out till wendsday. And that will be on another secret lake but i will be going for Pike, Bass, and Gills. But its a new lake, Maybe we find more. Getting alot of excersise going to these hidden lakes on foot.

[attachment expired]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:05:52 PM by Get Hooked »

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 07:01:12 AM »
Even with these warmer temps, The smaller lakes seem to be holding onto shoreline skim ice......

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 07:01:12 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question