Author Topic: Ice fishing Wisconsin 2011  (Read 4116 times)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Re: Ice fishing Wisconsin 2011
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »
Get Hooked Forgive me I did some poking around since youhave a public album and picked out one shot for a test. You just need to follow the steps and use the right code and tags. Is zat u? Nice one!
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 10:24:18 AM »
That is me, a last year pick, but yes, its me. Here is a pic. of the one I got the other day with the loose eggs.

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 10:29:11 AM »
That is a nice brownie. you get them like that through the ice too?
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Get Hooked

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
Yes, even bigger. I wanted to post my last years best, but I am having trouble finding it. I'll find it somewhere. 15 minute battles!!!!!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »

Offline frank rizzo

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
After I get done with 16 days in a row at work there will be ice everywhere. I will be looking down a hole right after i get done paying for christmas. We're going to go hit a little lake by me by East Troy for some big gills as soon as I get my day job over with.

Offline JASON

• I am a fisherman and musician "guitars/keyboards".
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:27 AM »
Get Hooked, there are as many steelhead in Milwaukee as Sheboygan for sure, like everywhere these fish come and go, here today, gone tomorrow. They migrate like crazy! A friend of mine says 90% of his fish caught through the ice this year in Milwaukee, Racine, and Kenosha have been steelhead. To me browns or steel, dont matter as long as they bite and fight! That day was awesome when you and I went out and caught them browns off the docks. Just sucks that every time we hooked one the things took off beneath them docks. Freaking lunatics them trout!!!! Awesome net job on that gigantic beast I caught, to bad a certain fishing guide had to act all sore about seeing us catch that fish, lol. You know who and what I am talking about, tried to ruin the moment. Greatest moment was seeing that fish finally come out from under the dock and swim into the net, what a relief when I was only using that 6lb test line. Still cant believe that beast turned and came back from underneath them docks so I could land it, thought he was a goner for sure. Now we have to catch some fish through the ice this year!

Here is some pics from last year, and one of the huge brown trout I landed with Get Hooked the same day he landed the fish you see in his picture he posted before. The first one is THE BEAST and the rest are icefishing pics of trout caught last season. I already posted these somewhere else on here and you may have seen them but, here they are again since we are all talking about trout and sharing pics. The smallest trout you see in one of these pics was only photographed because it was my very first trout through the ice, I just started icing them last winter. The girl in the picture with the steelhead is my fiance Michelle, that was her first trout through the ice caught 2 minutes into our first icefishing trip for trout together. Love it when the ice is clear and you can see them fighting below the ice. Greatest battle on the ice in my opinion.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:13:11 AM by JASON »

Offline Jigger52

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
Man, Jason you know how to get it done! And a girlfriend that will go fishing with you. Hang onto her. Hey, do you ever perch fish (or for that matter trout fish) at Port Washington? We use to go when I was a kid - long ago- during the summer and fish off of the breakwater for perch with trolley lines. Long elastic band attached to half a brick. Attached to the elastic was a line with a bunch of drop lines. When you got a hit, which rung a little bell on the end of the line on the breakwater, you pulled the line in with a perch or two on it and the elastic would stretch. Take off the fish and let the line go and the elastic pulled it back into the water. Once we looked down from the breakwater and saw a big northern cruising through. He must have been feasting on perch. Everyone who had a rod hooked on spoons or whatever and started casting at it. He wasn't interested.

Offline xcr440

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 11:07:47 PM »
Checking in for the new season. I got myself a bunch of new gear and a baby girl.
Picked up a bird ice 55, lots of new jigs, a bunch of darters and northland rippin shads. Going to try and catch some big eye's this year.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 11:07:47 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question