Author Topic: Arctic Armour IDI  (Read 8157 times)

Offline btechvft70

Re: Arctic Armour IDI
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »
even if it does only float for 5 or 10 minutes I should hope you would be out of the water long before that

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »

Offline nightfisher

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 12:51:38 AM »
 The insulation is closed cell, the web site and all reviews I have seen state that it does not absorb water and will float 600 lbs.

Offline Ranger22

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »
I heard that the suit only keeps you afloat for a short time (5-10 mins).  ???

If the suit gives me 5-10 min. of flotation i think that is well worth the money spent.
If you don't want to know what a 67 year old
man fom the backwoods of louisiana thinks you
probably shouldn't ask him!

Offline zziipp

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »
i agree 5-10 mins is a good thing.if your not out by then your in trouble anyway.
WHO SAID WE CAN'T WALK ON WATER.MUST BE A LAND LOVER.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Offline bmac221

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
opposed to 5- 10  mili -seconds without

Offline Jiffy Man

• Auger Monkey
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
I am on my third season with my Arctic Armor Plus suit. I can't say enough about it. I have been out in some ridiculous weather

A comment on my guide service facebook "I was the crazy guy fishing near you thurs man you stood out in that wind all day and all I can say is you know how to fish!!! I saw those big tilt crappie coming up one after another"

This guy was in a portable and had to leave before me because it was so cold and windy. Great suit!

Offline CaptSpike

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »
My only complaint about this suit is it is too warm! I think if I could dress with just long johns and a under shirt they would be perfect, but I drive a long way to fish, most days and stop before and after the trip. Rather than wear the suit everywhere (inside to eat) I wear a T-shirt and dungarees which when I put the suit over makes me very warm. So much that I sweat doing the easyest of tasks. The plus also has the cloth liner which makes it harder to slip on and off. If I had to do it again I would get the ones without the cloth liner. I have yet to be cold wearing them though and that is what we wear them for. Also have to plug Artic Muck boots. Got a pair last year and can only wear a pair of wool socks in them. Anymore and my feet sweat. regular cloth socks and my feet are a tad cold on cold days. Also make my calves sweat due to the neoprene over my pants. Next time I may get the shorter ones. Cause I am done fishing in any slop over 6". LOL.

Spike
I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Offline Reaper

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
I had that same problem with my suit. I went walmart and got a cheap pair of nylon running pants, they arent a fashion statement by any means but the pants slide right over them and I can still stop places and not be in my long johns. I got a pair that have a thin lining and have yet to be cold or over heat in them. All in all I absolutely love my Arctic Armor Plus suit, wish I had bought one years ago.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »

Offline CaptSpike

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »
I'll have to try that with the thin pants.
Wont be a pretty picture but at least I wont over heat.

Spike
I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Offline tackleshack

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »
I've been thinking about getting one of these.  Are they pretty true to size or is this something I need to try on before buying?  I ask because I don't stock them here and neither does any other local shop.  I'll need to order them. 

At our annual dealer show last January, I watched a kid demo this in a pool.  He floated around for quite some time.  I don't know how long for sure, but I bet he was there a good 10-15 minutes or so.  That is not a feature I hope to ever test though.
Don Kelly

Owner of Tackle Shack. Route 287 just north of the junction in Wellsboro.

Follow us on Facebook, or check out www.tiogacountyfishing.com for up to date reports in the region.

Offline Ranger22

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 09:04:15 AM »
I've been thinking about getting one of these.  Are they pretty true to size or is this something I need to try on before buying?  I ask because I don't stock them here and neither does any other local shop.  I'll need to order them. 

At our annual dealer show last January, I watched a kid demo this in a pool.  He floated around for quite some time.  I don't know how long for sure, but I bet he was there a good 10-15 minutes or so.  That is not a feature I hope to ever test though.
They do run true to size and as warm as they are you don't have to go bigger to allow for more clothes.

Offline tackleshack

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
Thanks, Ranger
Don Kelly

Owner of Tackle Shack. Route 287 just north of the junction in Wellsboro.

Follow us on Facebook, or check out www.tiogacountyfishing.com for up to date reports in the region.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »

Offline fishon

• Fish'n Machine
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »
True to size and very warm, yep that is what I've heard too. I know a few guys that have them and they love them, been thinking of getting one, but it maybe a few more years. I've already got several snow suits that I icefish in, but the float part is a #1 safety seller for sure, can be wear'n in the boat too.  !<>!
Fish On!
Have you hugged a fish today?

Offline Ranger22

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
Thanks, Ranger
Your welcome.
True to size and very warm, yep that is what I've heard too. I know a few guys that have them and they love them, been thinking of getting one, but it maybe a few more years. I've already got several snow suits that I icefish in, but the float part is a #1 safety seller for sure, can be wear'n in the boat too.  !<>!
Yes i have worn mine on my Boat in the early spring and have also worn the bibs Deer hunting.

Offline flyrod

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 07:19:21 PM »
I will know by this weekend what they are like.....ordered a set monday (red/black) with the free gloves.
I am 5'8" 160lbs. and they told me to order the medium, so I did. Hope they fit.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 07:19:21 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question