Author Topic: Harvey's  (Read 1152 times)

Offline slusser77

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
Harvey's
« on: February 12, 2021, 04:11:32 PM »
Hit Harvey's today, solid 8" BUT don't stray more than 100 yards left or right from the stretch leading out from the pfc launch, there is 2" shelf ice- at least to the right of the launch. Bite was slow, picked away at gills that were mostly mediums.  Just a couple perch, some dinks, 3 fatties. One guy landed a pickerel. I had something strip my line and snap it, but I only use 3lb test, but I have landed some large fish on it in the past. For a Friday, people started piling out by noon, all in huts. Fishing was slow to zero out in 40', better in 17-24 fow, at least today. Pimple tipped with wax outfished tungsten tear drops and flies.
If your going tomorrow, get there by day break, I'm sure it will get pressure,  and use extreme caution going to the right more than 100 yards. You can really straight out up to 600 yards and still be in very good ice. Lot of potential- pickerel,  usually great gill and perch and good opportunity for trout. Always take some each season when there is safe ice.
Good luck!

Ice Fishing 247

Harvey's
« on: February 12, 2021, 04:11:32 PM »

Offline NuangolaSusquehanna

• Ice Man
Re: Harvey's
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 04:33:07 PM »
Hit Harvey's today, solid 8" BUT don't stray more than 100 yards left or right from the stretch leading out from the pfc launch, there is 2" shelf ice- at least to the right of the launch. Bite was slow, picked away at gills that were mostly mediums.  Just a couple perch, some dinks, 3 fatties. One guy landed a pickerel. I had something strip my line and snap it, but I only use 3lb test, but I have landed some large fish on it in the past. For a Friday, people started piling out by noon, all in huts. Fishing was slow to zero out in 40', better in 17-24 fow, at least today. Pimple tipped with wax outfished tungsten tear drops and flies.
If your going tomorrow, get there by day break, I'm sure it will get pressure,  and use extreme caution going to the right more than 100 yards. You can really straight out up to 600 yards and still be in very good ice. Lot of potential- pickerel,  usually great gill and perch and good opportunity for trout. Always take some each season when there is safe ice.
Good luck!

Thanks

Offline pabassman

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 05:58:36 PM »
 I was past there about 10 am. The was a shanty over by Sordonis dock. Two guys out off the beach. Both straight out which I found a little odd so I'm sure slusser is on to something about the ice. One guy in a hut in closer, the other out a good distance past the Snowman lol.

Offline ddmzbevan

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:12:13 PM »
Drove by today around 12:30. Didn't fish just checking it out. It's a shame that this is the only place to get on. oI

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:12:13 PM »

Offline bigbuck326

• dallas,pa
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:20:44 AM »
Last weekend I went Harvey got 4 inches black  lot slush  5  inches  some froze on top  and super slower  hit one brown n 8 perch 9 hrs  15 shanty town closer launch

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:20:44 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question