Author Topic: Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro  (Read 341 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Ice Man
Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro
« on: January 10, 2021, 10:13:27 PM »
Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro has the name but it's not micro in any sense with a weight of 1/4 oz. It's size is 1" so it fits the profile, and it's quite really the first converted to ice fishing jig that's hot hot hot hot. Well from my first field day test and on the first drop of the lure, it called the fish in with such an urgency that I could only remember on such a rare situation with such a few lures that have done so like Salmo Chubby Darter and Lindy's Rattl'n Flyer Spoon. It wasn't just a fluke because I switched lures to others and watch the fish reaction on my sonar and how the fish behave as well. I switched back to the Jigpara Spin Micro and boom! The fish behavior changed and the reaction was very noticeable.  These fish were reacting to the lure on sonar that's showing more than a 10 feet depth change.  I was fishing a 20 feet bottom and the fish were rising to meet the lure so responsively.  Typically I need to get to less than 5 feet of a fish on sonar and most times it's really within 3 feet.

My interpretation is that the fish were curious and honed in onto the lure.  The lure size and profile was just hot that day. They chased the lure aggressively and most definitely bit it. I fished the lure OEM as it is and found that even with it's small treble hook, it stayed pinned onto fish. As the fish got more wary of it, I had to do the typical bait the lure for ice fishing to seal the deal.

I brought a limited selection of lures on this day.  I admit that I was ready to only fish the lure briefly and switch if the fish weren't interested, but it sure changed my mind from the get go - on that first drop. For ice fishing purpose I think that I could do better if the lure had less weight. Like if it was encased in ABS plastic and had a lighter weight of maybe 1/8 oz. would do.  It's just that I'm more used to 1/8 oz. weight lures.  This lure is definitely on my recommend list to own.

Now it just needs some tail fins or airplane wings to even make this an alternative variation.

Ice Fishing 247

Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro
« on: January 10, 2021, 10:13:27 PM »

Online KingPerch

• Open water is nice... but, I'd rather be on ice!!
Re: Major Craft Jigpara Spin Micro
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 05:28:55 PM »
Bob, we need pics or videos to show that those lures are that hot. We’ve sent video pics in the past, of graphs full of fish, rising in the water column and, stopping the bait mid way just to show our friends that fish were hot after a particular lure. If fish are that hot, they would bite a frozen turd!!
DO WHAT YOU LIKE, LIKE WHAT YOU DO....LIFE IS GOOD!

I’ve never met a perch I didn’t like!!!

Online Filetandrelease

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 05:36:31 PM »

Pics or videos would be great sounds like a solid lure , but of course every lure can have its day , consistency of a lure and not a 1 day wonder is what really counts ,

Offline slipperybob

• Ice Man
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 04:19:46 AM »
Was too busy fishing and totally forgot to take pictures.  Taking pictures was never a priority for me.

Was just really trying out a new lure with experiment in doubt and found out it was hot.  Typically I wouldn't even give a 1/4 oz lure a try for common panfishing.  And normally I would use lure weights of lighter than 1/8th oz.  In the mix of lures I was using Kenders T-Rip, Kenders K-Rip, Eurotackle Z-Viber Micro, Acme Kastmaster DT, PK Predator Spoon, and other various experimental rigs.  I just watch on sonar to see how fish react and see if they would bite lures bare.  Even if just a curious nibble onto lure would tell me something is triggering that.  So it was after all a comparative experiment.  None of the other lures I had on me were triggering the kind of response the Jigpara Spin Micro was doing.  So what was the trigger factor?  I'm asking myself that.  The tail spin was the biggest difference that this lure was offering.

Might have to try various lures with tail spin to see if they would give different results.  Of course lure profile will be different.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 04:19:46 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question