Author Topic: Finicky Fooler  (Read 354 times)

Online fishhunter

Finicky Fooler
« on: December 07, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »
Has anybody tried them? Interested in your opinion on them before I pull the trigger.

Ice Fishing 247

Finicky Fooler
« on: December 07, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Re: Finicky Fooler
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 11:04:03 AM »
From what I can gather from watching their videos this is a bite indicator, not a hookset device. Even if you leave the bail closed on the reel your not getting a hookset.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Online fishhunter

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 01:54:55 PM »
Yes that is correct. They do have a hook setting model. However I’m interested in the
Non hook setting model. Are the hook setting tip ups (jaw jackers) really all they’re cracked up to be?

Online Hachimo

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 10:55:18 AM »
Yes that is correct. They do have a hook setting model. However I’m interested in the
Non hook setting model. Are the hook setting tip ups (jaw jackers) really all they’re cracked up to be?

I first used a jawjacker 2 years ago. Now i have 8 jackers and 4 of them have jiggin bases. With my polar tipups i would have a near 50% catch rate losing half the hits i got on them. With the Jawjackers its more like 80%. And also for bigger fish its so much better fighting them with a rod rather by hand. For my kind of fishing they work great.  U can adjust the tention on the release. If fishing crappie i losen it right up to hook the light bite, and fishing smallies,walleye,striper at the pack i tighten it down a bit.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 10:55:18 AM »

Offline eaglejac

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 11:01:13 PM »
You need to put about a foot of slack in the line before it trips the hook set, your hook ups will increase ,   check out the video on the automatic fishermen    They use a bobber on the line in front of the bail and the first eye on the rod,  that is one way to create the slack,  I use a wine cork with a razor blade slit cut in in it  that's how I am able to adjust the slack   just push the line in the cork and pull out the slack .

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 11:01:13 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question