Author Topic: Looking for places to fish  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Locomotive Man

• Ice Man
Looking for places to fish
« on: March 03, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »
im looking for a good place to ice fish tryed state parks no luck this is my first year ice fishing so any place would be helpful thanks

Ice Fishing 247

Looking for places to fish
« on: March 03, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Re: Looking for places to fish
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 10:12:02 AM »
Our state parks are some of the very best spots for new guys wanting to catch fish. Slocum and Lackawanna are good for pickerel and bass. lackawanna is a good bluegill lake too. Try Moon Lake? it's another one that has great bass and pickerel fishing. What are you doing when you fish tip ups or jigging?
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Hachimo

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 08:04:38 PM »
im looking for a good place to ice fish tryed state parks no luck this is my first year ice fishing so any place would be helpful thanks

Depends on type of fishing lookin to do like FM said. If your targeting panfish jigging I would look into Prompton. Get a topo map on the lake and fish the old creek bed And you will put good numbers of panfish on the ice.  Once you put some time in and get a spot of your own then throw a couple tip ups in the mix and you will have a shoot of nice smallies,pickerel, and occasional walleye.  As far as the lake wallenpaupack. It is a tough lake and takes time to learn and put fish on the ice.  People say follow the crowds.  Lol the pack dont work that way in my experience becouse 90% of the time the crowds dont put numbers on the ice. I spent 3 years on that lake with minimal success.  At the end of the day your not catch fish sitting home on the couch, gotta get out there and put some time in.  But you got a good start comin to this site. It has alot of great fisherman with lots of experience  willing to help you
Out.  Good luck out there. 

Online gee-dub

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:55:26 PM »
put a tip up pretty much any where in upper promised land and you'll ice a pickerel, bass or perch in no time  :P

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:55:26 PM »

Offline Locomotive Man

• Ice Man
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »
Thank you for some new spots

Offline Locomotive Man

• Ice Man
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 01:23:37 PM »
I think I will try moon lake this Friday  is there any  particular spots I should fish when I get there

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 03:53:30 PM »
I don't have any magic spots on any lake.  Stay away from the Dam, stay away from the back end its very shallow and there are some open water holes from springs back there.  Watch the shore line for wet spots where the ice will be unsafe. Don't fish right next to shore its too shallow and weedy. Try to find the edge of the weeds and the deeper water, trial and error if you get close you should get some pickerel and maybe a bass.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 03:53:30 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question