Author Topic: Ice packs for Electronics  (Read 922 times)

Offline papaperch

• Ice Man
Ice packs for Electronics
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »
Never cared much for the manufacturers idea of ice packs for their units. Too old and stiff to fish on knees. Got tired of carrying bucket just to elevate fish finder. Size of battery or type limited to the bags size. Not open for maintenance plus expensive. So long time ago started using leaky five gallon buckets for my " ice pack". Have now graduated to milk crates and cheap tool boxes. Also did not care for floats on my transducers.

The my Garmin milk crate pack has two batteries. One for the PS 21 Panoptix ducer and one for the Echomap 92 CHIRP. Has the HW8  ice ducer also.

My current project is a Helix7 G2. On top of an under 5 dollar tool box. Project is on hold until I can find a XI 9 1521 transducer.

Even with the Lion batteries still cheaper that makers ice packages. I normally order standard fishfinder 2d/gps units. Sell the transom mount transducer that comes with unit.
End up with system easy to maintain , flexible for battery replacement. A lot more comfortable to use. I like to adjust them to see from my bucket that serves as my seat.

Feel free to copy and improve upon. Reason I posted.

Ice Fishing 247

Ice packs for Electronics
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »

Offline crappiman

• God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
Re: Ice packs for Electronics
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »
Nice but kind of bulky to be hauling out on ice.
I rather my factory Marcum pack. I leave my boat electronics for my boat and my
Ice fishing electronics for ice fishing. JMO
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:50:24 AM »
Agreed,  I like milk crates for transporting stuff so it stays in place and dosen't go tumbling around in my truck but there's no way to pack them in my sled. I do have the hi speed  transducer for my LX-6 and get to use it open water in graph mode it does water temp with that transducer too.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:50:24 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question