Author Topic: How to check the Weather  (Read 246 times)

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
How to check the Weather
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:32:09 PM »
I never know what to expect from the members at large here. There are some lifetime ice fishermen and some who just picked up an auger this year and are heading out for their first season. One question that crops up every year and one that I have never addressed directly iare the inevitable posts whenever there is a brief warm spell. Will the ice survive? questions. You need to check the weather for the place that you are going to fish. Not the temp in your or WNEP's backyard. As of today there is no warm spell. The temps in ice fishing areas barely cracked freezing today, will be in the mid-low teens tonight and probably not going above freezing tomorrow in the greater NEPA area. If you live in the Susquehanna River valley then they may make it to 36° eventually. I don't even listen to the canned weather on TV, weathermen are anti-winter, biased sissys. If your interested in fishing the Pack get the weather for Ledgedale,If your going to Harvey's Lake get the weather for there. If you want to fish the Promisedland SP get the temps for Greentown. Trust me you will be the happier for it!  !<>!
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

How to check the Weather
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:32:09 PM »

Offline Tafton Dan

• Hop Head
Re: How to check the Weather
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »
Absolutely!

Offline TWM

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 06:25:55 AM »
Good advice that is the method I practice.

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 06:36:29 AM »
As stated at the start of my post, I figure most of you guys do this already, but the questions every year always make me wonder about where some guys get their weather info. Guys Like Snedeker @ WNEP have a passionate dislike for winter and know that they will appease their viewers by painting a rosy weather picture for the rest of the winter haters. It can be depressing watching these guys report this stuff. I stopped watching them years ago and go right to the source. Un-filtered.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 06:36:29 AM »

Offline bigbuck326

• dallas,pa
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:42:06 AM »
I agreed with FM s comments I always 3 to 5 differents town weather  are different temperature  since I check eventually for 7 yrs
FootballBasketball

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:42:06 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question