Author Topic: I know its ohio, but...  (Read 830 times)

Offline markplusone

I know its ohio, but...
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
Hey ohio!  Time to get out!  Ive been missing my icefishing like crazy after moving from PA a year ago but we finally have good weather for hard water.  Ive been going out since last Saturday and conditions are decent at a couple lakes.  I'm just outside of springfield so C.J. Brown Resevoir was my first attempt.  It was good at 4-5" of good clear black ice.  Reminds me of Winola.  Picked up a couple walleye on tipups but small gills on the jigging rod.  George Rodgers Clark is a solid 5" of black ice.  I don't know too much about this lake in winter but it produces big bass during the summer.  I even went up to the cottage at Grand Lake St.Mary's.  They have 7" of rime ice and it varies.  Thinnest I found was 5".  Still, watch out.  With all the streams coming in and out, verify all ice conditions yourself first.  Untill were drilling 2 ft, better safe than sorry.  So, if your in ohio looking to do some Ice fishing, message me.  See if we can get out some more.  Right now the thermometer on the house says -5.  Its 10 am too.  Were going to have ice for at least the next 2 weeks at minimum. Hopefully longer !<>!
Jig 'em, trick 'em, gut 'em and Grill 'em!

Ice Fishing 247

I know its ohio, but...
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Re: I know its ohio, but...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:48:58 AM »
Wow a real live Ohian. Definitely let's get some more on here. Thanks for posting Mark.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline markplusone

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 03:25:59 PM »
Thanks, FM.  Its been good to get back out on ice.  Ive kinda missed my time on Winola and the 'Pak last year.  Thankfully this year theres great ice to be had.  Scratches that itch for freezer fish.
Jig 'em, trick 'em, gut 'em and Grill 'em!

Offline kenP

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:16:46 AM »
I would drive to Ohio for some decent walleye fishing!  Love to hear from our neighboring states.  My best summer fishing this year was in NJ and I am looking forward to ice fishing there soon.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:16:46 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question