Author Topic: Egg shell Chumming  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Toadfish327

• Ice Man
Egg shell Chumming
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:53:54 AM »
A little trick I learned while sight fishing perch.  When fixing eggs for breakfast,, save the shells and soak them in water.  Remove the skin-like membrane on the inside of the shell and let them dry out. Crunch them up into small pieces, store in a small ziplock bag, and use as an attractant for perch by sprinkling them in the hole when perch are around.  It looks like scales falling through the water after a feeding frenzy.  This can turn negative perch into feeding perch and can attract fresh, aggressive fish to your hole. It can also keep perch under you longer, allowing more to be caught before they lose interest and move along.

Ice Fishing 247

Egg shell Chumming
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:53:54 AM »

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Re: Egg shell Chumming
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »
Sounds like a good tip. I have noticed when pulling perch up they will puke up loads of scuds that drift back down towards the bottom. I have always thought that this was keeping the fish under the hole like automatic chum.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Icemole

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 06:56:10 AM »
 Tried it several times in the past .... never had much luck with it. I even soaked the egg shells in fish attractant(different brands/flavors). Tried "chumming" with canned cat food/ dry dog food/ bread and just about anything else you can think of all with very limited success.  About the only thing I chum with now is any dead shiners in my bucket which I chop up with my spoon.

But if it works for you I say good luck   u:)

Offline bassman65

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:34:34 PM »
Try using cooked white rice for chumming, you could soak it in your favorite fish scent attractant. They look like maggots or some kind a larvae.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:34:34 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question