Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 411 times)

Offline capt.crappie

• Ice Man
Thank you
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:31:41 PM »
Just saying Thank you To all the members on this site & FM . For another year of giving reports on ice conditions. Its so help full . With the type of winters we have had the last 2 seasons. Hope fully these mild winters are not a permenant thing & we start getting winters like we used to have.  See you next ice season . The capt  !<>!

Ice Fishing 247

Thank you
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:31:41 PM »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:53 PM »
Your very welcome, looking forward to a change in our weather fortunes next year. They say an ice age may be in the works.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline ram guy

• Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:51:33 PM »
We can only hope right

Offline icewolf69

• Charter Member
  • AR-AKMAGLOADERS.COM
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:30:23 PM »
Your very welcome, looking forward to a change in our weather fortunes next year. They say an ice age may be in the works.
FM

I'll  u:) to that , there seems to be a cycle here in PA after having a couple good ice seasons you pay for it dearly with hardly any ice for the next few years. Bought a power auger 3 or 4 years ago because i was tired of drilling 15" to 20" on any lake we fished and haven't needed since  :? doesnt even leave the shed now.

This year has been rough, had to fish lakes we normally don't fish and aways seem to be driving 2 hrs or so. Pm a couple members here they always lend a helping hand on gettting you at least close to where you should fish  !<>!

Sunday we drove up to Lake Jean for what we figured to be our final outting for this season. On the way there I drove through Shavertown which is nicely centered in some nice bodies of water( Frances Slocum, Harveys, Harris, Moon) I see how FM gets to get reports on them  0~

Thanks to all that helped  u:)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:08:39 AM by icewolf69 »

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:30:23 PM »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:54:10 PM »
Your right about Shavertown. It is well located for most winters. I have a smorgasbord of lakes besides the ones you mentioned: Lily Lake, Lake Carey, Stevens Lake, Oxbow and Winloa are all in the 30 to 40 minute range for me. Didn't happen this year, maybe next, eh?
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Van_Cleaver

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 10:38:47 PM »
Thanks from me as well to FM and all who reported accurately on conditions. Twice guys on another site purposely mislead people about a certain  lake near Tamaqua, despite the fact that icewolf was giving honest reports. Too bad about he drama, but without some rules there is chaos. I only got out five days but fished four different lakes, so I was happy with that part. Time to start tying flies and praying for rain!

Offline HenryDavid

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 03:57:14 AM »
Shavertown, Pennsylvania is the central universe of the ice fishing world, ja rule, PA heart out to ya'll

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:40:34 AM »
Twice guys on another site purposely mislead people about a certain lake near Tamaqua, despite the fact that icewolf was giving honest reports.

That's exactly what last winters big blow out was all about. I dared to call out the Kid, for lying about ice conditions at Lake Carey. I went up the same night to correct the record, followed later by steelie1 going and doing the same. We both checked it took pictures and posted them and he still stuck to the story that the lake was unsafe. A few says later he led his buddy out on the ice and he went through. So much for being worried about the ice conditions. He was just steering guys away from a walleye bite. If you can't make an honest report don't bother making any report.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:40:34 AM »

Offline Van_Cleaver

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:26:35 AM »
Exactly! I gave up long ago reporting numbers and size of fish as it just seems to encourage the meat hunters to do their thing. I'm willing to help someone out; they only have to pm me. The main reason I have joined any sites is safety and knowing that if I drive two hours I'll be able to fish. That said, I have met some great people which has led to me getting first hand reports, not to mention some enjoyable fishing experiences and  furthering my knowledge of the sport.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:26:35 AM »