Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: this weekend  (Read 507 times)

Offline rgorillaj

this weekend
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »
I know the ice in Luzerne County is shot but was wondering who is going out and where this weekend or Monday.  All my buddies are giving up but I still want to get out.  Was thinking of Pompton,  Duck Harbor,  or Belmont.  I know they are good.

Ice Fishing 247

this weekend
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
Re: this weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »
All those plus Upper Woods and Long Pond. Sterling at the pack will still be good this weekend too.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Thefixr

• Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:09:42 AM »
I'm trying to decide if I go to sterling on the pac or promise land. Both should be good. It's always on your mind at the pac that you're going to get something nice. I guess that's what keeps me going back. Good luck wherever you go..

Offline rgorillaj

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:02:19 AM »
usually don't get to the pack much, usually if I am in a tournament. I forgot about promise land, haven't been there in a while. Maybe I will try there.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:02:19 AM »

Offline snowflake

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »
Anybody know conditions at Merle Sarnowski. I'm thinking about trying there. had some good luck fishing there in January

Offline Psucowman

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »
There is a detailed thread about Merli ice conditions in the PA Ice reports, if you cant see them just contact fishin' musician.  As of last sunday night there were 6-7" of ice with a lot of water and slop on top of that.  I live only a few miles away and we've had several nights in the teens or 20's this week so im sure its in good shape for the weekend.
Never leave fish to find fish!!!

Offline Thefixr

• Ice Man
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 03:54:39 PM »
Just took a ride by sterling at the pac.  Loaded with guys. Ice looks great. I'm putting promise land on hold and heading to the pac tomorrow.

Offline zziipp

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
Sterling had 7 to 8 good ice with about 3 white on top of that. Cold up there yesterday and windy. Got 7 big shiners couple gills and dink perch. Had a nice fish take a jig rap tipped with a smaller chub after almost 10 mins of enticing him.grabbed it I played him for 20 30 seconds and the hook popped out.had 23 deer cross on the left side and skirt the edge over to the houses.
WHO SAID WE CAN'T WALK ON WATER.MUST BE A LAND LOVER.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »