Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Bad Ice Blues!!  (Read 1581 times)

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
  • God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
Bad Ice Blues!!
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »
Is everyone feeling the winter blues over the past two ice seasons with these poor ice conditions.
I sure am. Only have Saturdays to get out, only got out 6 times last season and 3 this season.
Post your blues here!
GO!
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Ice Fishing 247

Bad Ice Blues!!
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
Re: Bad Ice Blues!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »
Good topic! I'm way past.that. I can go several times.a week at a moments notice,  but locally only. If I have to drive an hour one way then it's not worth it given the  amount of time I have. Locally I can hit Moon, harveys, lily, even carey and Stevens in a half hour or less. Fish for 5 and still get back in time to take care of business. I was talking to Jeff at FISH370 yesterday and we both agreed that this year is worse than the last one was.
FM

I think I will put the off topic Oxbow lake reports posts here later.
Have an Ice Day!

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:14:24 AM »
nope, no blues here. I wish I could have gotten up to the pack but I personally just don't trust it this year. Other than the one warm, rainy, crumby weekend we had I got out every weekend and even took a few days off to get out also. I really don't need to fish a bunch of different lakes, I don't much care where I go as long as I go and sometimes meet up with some buddies and have a few laughs! It was pretty much the same as last year but I think it rained more this year.
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Offline Van_Cleaver

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »
I've had four trips and all good ones.That said, there is no ice in the far Southeast; closest is an hour and forty away from me. Doubtful we will see any at this point. On the plus side I'm getting my downstairs living room project under control. Looks like conditions will deteriorate starting Sat. for a few days at least, so be safe everyone.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »

Offline peterdafisherman

• Charter Member
  • the tug is the drug!!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »
I'm very thankful  to get out and see God's beauty even if it's one time,I'm just glad  to be alive!!
you know how you can tell when its really cold out?  when its to cold to go icefishen!

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »
I guess this is not going the direction I thought ???
Rewind! I started this topic to remove  Conversations from lake reports.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:29:43 AM by crappiman »
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Offline eaglejac

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »
I'm very thankful  to get out and see God's beauty even if it's one time,I'm just glad  to be alive!!

Well said Peter, but I too am a weekender for the most part and have been limited to the lakes up in Wayne county for the most part. I feel the frustration like most of the guys, the weather has limited us this season again and if you live in lower Luzerne County its over an hour ride up north to go fishing, it takes me over a hour to hit Moon or Harvey's lake and Oneida  was too iffy for me this year. But if we fish its in your blood , The tug is the drug and I cant stop! My big problem is WORK , its keeps holding me back....but I need the money for fishing stuff and gas...

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »
Good topic! I'm way past.that. I can go several times.a week at a moments notice,  but locally only. If I have to drive an hour one way then it's not worth it given the  amount of time I have. Locally I can hit Moon, harveys, lily, even carey and Stevens in a half hour or less. Fish for 5 and still get back in time to take care of business. I was talking to Jeff at FISH370 yesterday and we both agreed that this year is worse than the last one was.
FM

I think I will put the off topic Oxbow lake reports posts here later.
I'm with you FM. Driving far with a family of 5 at home isn't worth it for me. Most of my favorite lakes/ponds are close or with in a 1/2 hour drive. When ice conditions are good. I'll sometimes hit 2 lakes in one day. Morning perch lakes and evening Crappie and Walleye lakes. The past two seasons have definitely limited my ice fishing time. Which I look forward too every year.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
Well said Peter, but I too am a weekender for the most part and have been limited to the lakes up in Wayne county for the most part. I feel the frustration like most of the guys, the weather has limited us this season again and if you live in lower Luzerne County its over an hour ride up north to go fishing, it takes me over a hour to hit Moon or Harvey's lake and Oneida  was too iffy for me this year. But if we fish its in your blood , The tug is the drug and I cant stop! My big problem is WORK , its keeps holding me back....but I need the money for fishing stuff and gas...
I agree, all geared up and sitting in the basement.

Offline Van_Cleaver

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:55:23 AM »
Ironically I moved within a half an hour of three decent ice fishing lakes. This season none of them have really had safe ice except maybe for a few days and that was when I had a trip North already scheduled. I'm also just happy to be alive and able to get out when I can.

Offline RutNut

• The NEW and IMPROVED RutNut! ;-)
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »
No Ice Blues here! My son went to college this year, so no more league bowling (almost) every Saturday morning!  ;)  Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the time we got to spend together, but it did cut into the ice-time a bit!  ::)

The last 2 years with the warm weather, I decided to just make the best of it and get out even if it meant driving an hr + to get to good ice! Whatever it takes!

And look on the bright side guys....................................no drilling thru 18, 20 or 24" of ice the last few years!  ;D

Offline CraPPeetAStik14

• CraPPeetAstIK
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 01:01:14 PM »
Or dragging through 2 feet of snow I'm just super bombed I didn't get to hit the river this year

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 01:01:14 PM »

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 03:59:37 PM »
I missed lake Winola this season. I don't think it ever froze over. These mild winters aren't only affecting ice fishin.
I stopped by Hunters gallery yesterday and they said this years worse then last year. It definitely hurts are bait shops and sporting good stores. Hunters gallery got alot of inventory left. Probably will have a clearance sale.

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »
Or dragging through 2 feet of snow I'm just super bombed I didn't get to hit the river this year
I could do without the snow also, just give me safe ice from January to march. 3 months only gives me 12 outings

Offline chez

• Charter Member
  • PBR Man
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
I missed lake Winola this season. I don't think it ever froze over. These mild winters aren't only affecting ice fishin.
I stopped by Hunters gallery yesterday and they said this years worse then last year. It definitely hurts are bait shops and sporting good stores. Hunters gallery got alot of inventory left. Probably will have a clearance sale.

WESTV SIDE BROUGHT A PILE OF BAIT IN FOR THE TOURNAMENTS LAST WEEKEND AND 2 WERE CANCELED.IT HURT EVERYONE IS RIGHT BUDDY.
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »