Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: PF&BC plowing  (Read 278 times)

Offline RutNut

• The NEW and IMPROVED RutNut! ;-)
PF&BC plowing
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »
I was fishing Upper Woods this morning when the PF&BC plow truck got there around 9am. I walked over to see if he wanted me to move my car in the parking lot. Interestingly, he said the parking area was not PF&BC property, and that he was just there to plow the road and area by the launch. I thanked him for plowing the road, as it made my drive out a lot easier. WHile we were talking, he mentioned that there are 2 guys responsible for plowing 42 PF&BC accesses. YES- that is NOT a misprint- forty-two sites for two guys!  :o

SO it is no wonder that it takes awhile for some sites to get plowed!  He said he had just come from Belmont, and was headed towards Duck Harbor after Upper WOods. Said he would be plowing all day.

So the next time I find an un-plowed access, I will give them the benefit of the doubt!  ;)

I wished him a good day, and said THANKS again before he left!

BTW, when I went back to my car, I found that he had plowed 2 swaths across the parking lot for us, even though it was evidently not his responsibility. He didn't do the whole parking area, but at least you could get in and get out.  8)

Ice Fishing 247

PF&BC plowing
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »

Offline Psucowman

• Charter Member
Re: PF&BC plowing
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:44:48 PM »
yeah, upper woods is in the middle of state game lands so i doubt that falls under his umbrella and lords knows the PGC doesnt give a crap about being accomodating.  nice of him to hit a few passes for you though, attitude is everything and thats probably a job where he hears more bad than good.  that said our license dollars should get more than 2 plows for 42 access sites spread over god knows how many counties.  Want to start a petition to get pfbc to buy plows for all of their enforcement officers vehicles so those guys can multi-task while harassing us?
Never leave fish to find fish!!!

Ice Fishing 247

Re: PF&BC plowing
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:44:48 PM »