Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Saturdays Project  (Read 595 times)

Offline icewolf69

• Charter Member
  • AR-AKMAGLOADERS.COM
Saturdays Project
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:59:27 PM »
Since there was no safe ice this past weekend(locally) IMO i decided to build a smitty sled after seeing FM's in a post and dragging my new eskimo flip the weekend before with only 1 or 2" of snow at the DaChunk , it pulled like a cement block. So after my wife posted on FB i was looking for some skies and in a couple of hrs i had a FREE set !<>!, so began my project then. Will try to post pics

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:48:14 PM by icewolf69 »

Ice Fishing 247

Saturdays Project
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:59:27 PM »

Offline Jiggerman

Re: Saturdays Project
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 04:24:41 PM »
Looks like you did a good job.    What are the things on top of your Cross beams (2 on each)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 04:27:07 PM »
Nice looking outfit.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline zziipp

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:36:01 PM »
Looks good.
WHO SAID WE CAN'T WALK ON WATER.MUST BE A LAND LOVER.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:36:01 PM »

Offline icewolf69

• Charter Member
  • AR-AKMAGLOADERS.COM
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
Looks like you did a good job.    What are the things on top of your Cross beams (2 on each)

I have nylon glides on the bottom of the tub(they will save the bottom but they didnt help at all for making it a easier to pull) and i thought those extra pieces would help it from shifting side to side because they go in between the nylon glides.

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
  • God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:35:44 PM »
Great job! how you like your eskimo, is it the wide one?
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Offline icewolf69

• Charter Member
  • AR-AKMAGLOADERS.COM
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 08:09:05 AM »
Great job! how you like your eskimo, is it the wide one?
Yes it is the Wide One , i got it this year to replace a older Clam Scout non insulated. It is heavier then the clam was, which i guess is why it pulls harder, but other then the weight its awesome . I didn't want the flips that gave you that extra space and you had to extend all the poles. I like the extra fishing space it gives ya by just extending the skirt pole and it makes for a pretty nice wind break.  Very well made from the tub up , IMO the tub could of been a little thicker.  But this ice season hasn't been much of a test for it yet (LOL always hopeful winter will come yet this season)   u:) u:) (*) (*) (*) (*)

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
  • God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 08:21:56 PM »
Yes it is the Wide One , i got it this year to replace a older Clam Scout non insulated. It is heavier then the clam was, which i guess is why it pulls harder, but other then the weight its awesome . I didn't want the flips that gave you that extra space and you had to extend all the poles. I like the extra fishing space it gives ya by just extending the skirt pole and it makes for a pretty nice wind break.  Very well made from the tub up , IMO the tub could of been a little thicker.  But this ice season hasn't been much of a test for it yet (LOL always hopeful winter will come yet this season)   u:) u:) (*) (*) (*) (*)
I haven't seen any on the ice yet. Wished they had shows here to check them out before you buy.
I was going to buy one but the weight and sled size turned me off. I have a Clam Scout XL Thermal, Sleds slightly wider and weighs 54 pounds.
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 08:21:56 PM »

Offline CowDawg

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 08:47:37 PM »
Nice lookin' Smitty... !<>!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 08:47:37 PM »