Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Merli-Sarnoski??  (Read 457 times)

Offline Psucowman

• Charter Member
Merli-Sarnoski??
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:02:41 PM »
i can't remember ever seeing a report on the 35 acre lake at the Merli-Sarnoski park in Lackawanna county.  I know it's stocked with trout fairly well by PFBC and has some depth.  Has anyone ever tried it on ice?  Species? trout hold-overs?

I assume being a county park the cans of personal antifreeze need to stay home...
Never leave fish to find fish!!!

Ice Fishing 247

Merli-Sarnoski??
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:02:41 PM »

Offline carhartt123

• Ice Man
Re: Merli-Sarnoski??
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »
It has been years since I have fished this lake but we used to do very good ice season. Would generally set up in front of the beach. The water was not very deep 5-6 feet. The trout seem to school up in this lake and swim laps. You would have 10 min of great fishing then 20 min waiting for the trout to get back to you. Also if you were above the sand for the beach there are days you can see the fish below you. Definitely a lake that is worth a shot if you like trout.

Offline ener5766

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 05:43:30 PM »
Deepest part of lake is about 19ft if ur on the beach it's out to the left almost to other shore line it's not a big deep area only about 30 by 30 yards wide rest of lake generally shallow.

Offline vitom

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »
I fish that couple times each year although haven't been there this year.  Very good lake, pickerel,bass & perch on tip-ups. has really nice panfish if you could find them. Lots of 8" bluegill, I usually target these toward the back end, out from beach go right, mud bottom with weeds in spots, 6'-8' water.  It has good perch, I catch them up to 13" but last few years hard to find, only manage a couple.  It also has nice crappie, caught them up to 13" but never more then one a day.  County workers do good job of keeping road & parking lot open

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »

Offline Psucowman

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 08:04:50 AM »
Thank you all for the information, the park is only a few miles away from home so I will give it a shot this winter and definitely post results of expedition.  would be out there today but the new carb isnt in for the strikemaster yet, thank you ethanol mandate >:(
Never leave fish to find fish!!!

Offline chez

• Charter Member
  • PBR Man
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »
I fished this lake twice.
First time i did great.limited out on trout.2 bows and a brookie.
A few resl nice perch and gills.
That was 2 years ago.
Last year i did snot.
Same area.IN FRONT OF BEACH.
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »