Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Finished my Shappell FX150  (Read 250 times)

Offline Captainpaddlefoot

• Ice Man
Finished my Shappell FX150
« on: January 12, 2017, 07:50:04 AM »
I have been jumping around tying to find my perfect one man shanty, I think I have it now. I wanted something easy to set-up, decent sledd, rooming enough and something that I could tweet to my needs. I think I have it. Let's start with the FX150, sledd dimension 44x60, set-up dimensions 44x118x61. The poles don't need to be extended. Just get to your spot and flipover. Add ins are the runners and the towing kit. As is, it fit,the bill  for us bigger guys. Sledd isn't as heavy as the Otters and the heavier frabil a but, in my opinion heavy enough, I do pull it on a lot of broken ice.
Here are my mods and add-ones to my Fx150.

Mine didn't have the seat so, I just used a 2x12 and carpeted it with leftover carper from redoing my bunks on the boat. Add on a stadium seat and now I can slide front to back and side to side.

I added to chrome mesh baskets. One to just hold like my wax worm, jig boxes and tools. I added a magnetic cup to keep stuff like jigs and hooks from falling through or buncing out. The other mesh basket is the hold my battery box.

I have it set up with a 20ah sealed cell battery. I have plugs on the topside for LED light strips, usb charging and a 12 volt cigarette type plug. I have five rocker switches, one for the main and four for each ser of lights on the braces. Lastly a Genius battery charger.
Lights, the shanty has 4 small,windows, thus the need for lights. Most shanties don't let enough light through for tying knots. I have light on all four braces. The bottom brace enough to light up my jigging rood tips. The brace for the front wall and above my head I have light running their whole length, this I use mainly tying, rigging or getting my lunch together. The back brace just across the top to light up the back.

I added 2 Otter rod holders for fishing ans 4 tube type for storage. I often move with back brace in so, I don't have to remove the rods in the tubes.

Last add on is mesh netting that runs across the middle for the heater. My heater may be a bit much for the size of the shanty.

Cost me about $125 for the battery and lights. Could have saved $30-50 with smaller battery and less charger. Baskets were about $25. Everything from Amazon.
Two more I should get is a good cover. I have one but, it isn't the best fitting. Lastly some kind of swing table coming off a brace for my split pea soup and liver sausage sandwich.
I am hoping to add pictures, here I go.

Any questions just PM me or drop a message to this.
Have a good season. I am done already, had my right ankle surgically fused yesterday. Done till May opener.
Doug

How do I add pictures to this site?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:34:48 AM by Captainpaddlefoot »

Ice Fishing 247

Finished my Shappell FX150
« on: January 12, 2017, 07:50:04 AM »

Offline kenP

• Charter Member
Re: Finished my Shappell FX150
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
Sounds like a nice set up - looking forward to seeing the pics when you figure it out.  I'm sure someone here will help but i am not the one
[/center]

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:54:11 AM »
To add photos you need.a.third.party host.like photo bucket.  There are countless posts detailing the procedure.  Also it is explained in our FAQ's board. Im working on some new and improved methods for members to use. Then you could.always become a Charter Member and get direct photo attachment as one of the benefits.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:54:11 AM »