Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: New Parkas vs old Parka  (Read 206 times)

Offline Van_Cleaver

New Parkas vs old Parka
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:28 PM »
Finally replaced my old Vexilar Cold Snap Parka partially because it wasn't waterproof. Anyway, I went with a Guide Gear Parka, but had some anxiety about the fit and the layout. You know how you get used to where you keep everything and it could be a real pain relocating items. When I got the parka I tried it on and it fit ; I got a Med. which my old one was, based on a review I read, despite the fact that I always wear a L. Next surprise was every pocket, zipper,  D rings, strap, adjustment string, etc. was identical to the Vexilar. Honestly it looked like it came out of the same factory. I looked up the new Vexilar and it appears to be the same material as my new jacket. However it listed at 133 bucks. The Guide Gear was on sale for 62.99 but I have a club membership at Sportsman's Guide. I also got free shipping and for some reason they doubled my club discount. Bottom line was I paid 49.00 delivered to my door. 8) Looking forward to properly breaking it in if you catch my drift. ;)

Ice Fishing 247

New Parkas vs old Parka
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:28 PM »

Offline RutNut

• The NEW and IMPROVED RutNut! ;-)
Re: New Parkas vs old Parka
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
WOW!  :o  $49?! You will pay more than that for most hoodies these days!

Offline fishingwithconfidence

• Setting hooks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:21:04 PM »
I was considering buying bibs and parka it's like 110 without a membership and reviews looked good still was doughtfull of waterproofing have you had a chance to try it yet this season. If so how would you rate it against clam or frabill since they don't float like striker.

Offline zziipp

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:13:44 PM »
I got the bibs and had em out once. Very nice.two way zippers and flap covers over them.the knee padding is more than ample.cuffs on bottom can be closed with velcro straps to snug up to boots.I had a puddle in my tent for my heater and kneeled quite often In it and dry as a bug. I didn't get the jacket because 2 yrs ago I got a down filled ski and mtn jacket for a steal and didn't need replacing.I got the bibs because my old ones were a pain without out full zip legs and easy access to pockets on pants inside of bibs. This new set took care of that and more. Very happy with the bibs.I go 6.1 and 225 and the XXL fit perfect.I wanted a floating suit but the vehicle sucked me for 1700 bucks in repairs just before xmas.go me lol.and the kiddies got the rest lol.if the parka is as good as the bibs good deal.it was 15 deg and prob more like 10 deg with wind. And I had 1 pr therms and jeans underneath and on the walk back in and while outside the tent very warm.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:25:46 PM by zziipp »
WHO SAID WE CAN'T WALK ON WATER.MUST BE A LAND LOVER.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:13:44 PM »