Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Storey Lake  (Read 350 times)

Offline rkane5150

• Ice Man
Storey Lake
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »
Has anyone been to Storey lake near Laceyville lately.  Last I heard a buddy got turned away in the spring time?  I'd like to head out this week if possible.

Ice Fishing 247

Storey Lake
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »

Offline crappiecatcher

Re: Storey Lake
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »
 I haven't been there for a few years myself, but perhaps the reason your friend was turned away last spring may have had something to do with the matriarch of the family Josie passing away at age 98 just before Thanksgiving 2015. Being that she was almost always home she was the one that you would pay to fish there. Perhaps now that she's gone her family decided to shut it down or simply there isnt anyone there to collect the money anymore.   That would be a shame because that place has slab crappies in the spring time and lunker bass all summer. Never really did that great ice fishing there the couple times I went though but I'm sure others prolly have.  It may be a little bit further of a drive depending where you're coming from, but if you want another good private lake to icefish for a small fee, there is Saxe's Pond  on the outskirts of Dushore heading towards Forkston along route 87

Offline purplelab

• popeye
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »
I fished it with my kayak many times until this past fall I went up and talked to a relative to the old lady. He said it was closed and told me she let the liability lapse years ago too. Nice peaceful place to just let it go to waste.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »