Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Last Friday  (Read 330 times)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
Last Friday
« on: December 18, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »
I made a little trip into the wilderness of PA Friday morning. It was 4 when I got to my destination, a closely held secret spot that was shared with me a few years ago. It is safe to say that there were probably not more than two dozen people with in 25sq. miles of me. no planes or jets were over head. No cars or trucks to be heard, far off I though i could hear someone cutting fire wood with a chain saw but it was at the edge of my ability to detect. So quiet and cold that even the chick-a-dees were holed up. There was little wind and the sun was bright for most of the morning so I was quite warm enough. I caught 2 smallish pickerel, not much but I wasn't expecting them. They were the first of their species I have encountered from this wild woods beaver pond. On previous visits I have caught LMB and one large perch. It is a very shallow body of water mostly weed choked. I wonder what other surprises it holds.  As usual, I miss the biggest fish of the day, a flag, a fish, just before I was going to leave cut a mono leader and escaped.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

Last Friday
« on: December 18, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »

Offline CowDawg

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
Re: Last Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »
Looks like a nice little getaway place from human civilization!! ;)

Ice Fishing 247

Re: Last Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »