Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Jiffy ice auger  (Read 445 times)

Offline Nitrous05

• Ice Man
Jiffy ice auger
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:10:36 PM »
If this isn't the right place for this please feel free to delete.
I bought a new Jiffy Model 30 in the winter of 2014 and it has never ran correctly right out of the box. It doesn't seem to want to open up wide open and doesn't have the power to drill a hole without lifting up on it several times. However it does start fairly easy and idles alright. Could this be a mis-adjusted carb from the factory or something else that may be causing this. Any help would be great, thanks!

- Greg

Ice Fishing 247

Jiffy ice auger
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:10:36 PM »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
Re: Jiffy ice auger
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:24:48 PM »
Welcome to the site. We won't toss you overboard for asking a question. You should have taken it to a small engine repair they could have checked it out for you. We have a member who works on auger motors maybe he will have an opinion.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline fishon

• Fish'n Machine
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 04:35:59 AM »
You may need to adjust the idles screws. It sounds like the low idle is good, but you may need to adjust the hi screw.
I'm sure you can find a video on youtube or even find a instruction with pictures from google. I had to do that to my jiffy #30 a few years back and that was after a few years.

I had a bad clutch on mine that failed in the 1st or 2nd year. Luckily it was covered by warranty. I think that I had to adjust my idle screws the year after I had work done to mine.

Plus, I run synthetic racing 2cycle oil at I think 100:1 or so. She seems to like that oil much better.

Good luck and hope you can get it all adjusted.

Little tip, do the adjustment without the auger on it at first and on a surface with a slot or hole for the shaft to sit in. It makes handling it much easier. After you get it all fine tuned, then add the auger and see if you get the same results, I did.  !<>!
Fish On!
Have you hugged a fish today?

Offline redblur00

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 11:04:20 PM »
It's def. Ur carb adjustment the model 30 is a great machine and virtually bullet proof but is stubborn. I've been in small engines almost 20 yrs and still a pain to get the 30 just right. Any adjustments must be slight and on ice. I can get it perfect in ur basement get it on ice and crap. It's hard to explain look at the YouTube videos on it. If u can't get it and are local lemme know we can check her out.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 11:04:20 PM »

Offline chez

• Charter Member
  • PBR Man
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »
It's def. Ur carb adjustment the model 30 is a great machine and virtually bullet proof but is stubborn. I've been in small engines almost 20 yrs and still a pain to get the 30 just right. Any adjustments must be slight and on ice. I can get it perfect in ur basement get it on ice and crap. It's hard to explain look at the YouTube videos on it. If u can't get it and are local lemme know we can check her out.

RED BLURR,,,Im glad your back and posting buddy!!!!!!!
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Offline redblur00

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »
Eh a good buddy text me into it lol  u:)

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »