Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Jiffy 30 Runs poorly  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Clint

• Ice Man
Jiffy 30 Runs poorly
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:18:51 PM »
I have a Jiffy 30 auger. I checked the diaphragm and it appears good. I replaced the spark plug and put new gas in the tank. I removed both jet adjustment screws out and sprayed Carburetor cleaner into the holes. I then adjusted them as per a previous post. I was able to start it and it reved  pretty good then died. When I pull the start rope sometimes it stops half way through the pull. It darn near breaks your wrist. Could I have a timing problem.

Ice Fishing 247

Jiffy 30 Runs poorly
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:18:51 PM »

Online KingPerch

• Charter Member
  • Open water is nice... but, I'd rather be on ice!!
Re: Jiffy 30 Runs poorly
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:06:28 PM »
If timing is a concern....check to make sure the flywheel key is not split. You'll need to pull the flywheel to check it. That would be a main reason why timing is off. I'm thinking maybe the diaphragm may have a tear or hole you can't see. When the diaphragm leaks fuel by, the fuel goes into the pulse tube to the engine base. If it leaks and builds up enough fuel...the piston pulls that extra fuel into the cylinder and the piston can't squeeze the extra fuel....then it makes pull starting a wrist breaker. Check these scenarios out and post back what you find out. Also, check the main jet for blockage. Good luck!
DO WHAT YOU LIKE, LIKE WHAT YOU DO....LIFE IS GOOD!

DON'T WORRY FREDDIE....THE BITE WILL GET HOT AT 11:00!!

Offline Clint

• Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »
Thank you King. I have ordered a carb kit with a new diaphragm. When I have it off where do I find the main jet. Thanks

Online KingPerch

• Charter Member
  • Open water is nice... but, I'd rather be on ice!!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »
When you remove the cover off the bottom of the carb. Remove  the diaphragm, the main jet is in the center of the carb. It will be brass most likely. Remove it and clean it out. A good soaking of the carb over nite in carb cleaner will work wonders as well. Follow directions on can. Good luck!
DO WHAT YOU LIKE, LIKE WHAT YOU DO....LIFE IS GOOD!

DON'T WORRY FREDDIE....THE BITE WILL GET HOT AT 11:00!!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question