Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: GEARS PUT AWAY  (Read 1462 times)

Offline chez

• Charter Member
  • PBR Man
GEARS PUT AWAY
« on: February 28, 2016, 09:40:22 AM »
GOT up early and got all my ICEFISHING GEAR PUT AWAY.
Got the 3 FLASHERS CHARGING,MY BOYS and mine,THEY WILL BE put away tonite..
IT was a short season...The sit started up early this season...GUYS,including myself ANTICIPATING an other long season,like the last 2..
BOY we were wrong.Couldnt of been any MORE WRONG.
I got out 12 times..No banner days either.
UNLESS YOU COUNT the BLOOD BATH at WHITE OAKS....
I was able to fish a few new lakes this year..And did well on CALICOS.
Some lakes were untouchable....HARVEYS for 1..Winola was fishable for a week I think..I didn't get on..
I dint manage many KEEPER PERCH this season,,DIDNT ICE a BASS..I did manage a few eyes.
I was able to fish for the first time with NEMO,STEELIE 1,,GREAT GUYS,,HD,SHOWED UP that NITE ,,along with JSKILLs....
NEMO,STEELIE 1 and JIGGERMEN,you got some great TOURNAMENT entrys ,THIS YEAR..AS ALLWAYS..CONGRATS to all tournament ENTRYS.
AND GOOD LUCK....THERE were a lot of big trout caught this year,,,,LOTS of competition....
ILL BE LOOKING FOREWARD TO THE TOURNAMENT RESULTS.
THE site had its ups and downs this year...We need to forget it..AND MOVE ON...
START FRESH NEXT YEAR.....
I wanna thank everyone for SHARING their PICS,POST and INFO...ALONG WITH SOME OF THE HUMOR.....
THE NY GUYS are a GREAT BUNCH,,,KP,AND FREDDY,,we didn't hit the ice together,and you invited me to come up more than once..THANK YOU.
Im hoping for a spring PERCH bite with you guys..KP,and MYSELF put the GREAT LEMMY KILMINISTER to REST on this SITE,THIS YEAR.KP.and ME were and STILL ARE GREAT MOTORHEAD FANS.
FM,,THANKS FOR PUTTING THIS FORUM UP FOR US ALL TO USE...
YOU DONT HAVE AN EASY JOB RUNNING THESE SITES.
I SEEN THIS WEEKS NITE FORCAST,,LOTS OF LOW TEMPS.
BE SAFE IF YOU GUYS TRY IT....
I WAS ON THE RIVER YESTERDAY FOR CATS..HAD A GREAT BITE..
MIGHT GO BACK TODAY..
I GOT SPRING FEVER NOW,,OBOY.
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL HERE NEXT SEASON .

WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Ice Fishing 247

GEARS PUT AWAY
« on: February 28, 2016, 09:40:22 AM »

Offline crappiman

• Charter Member
  • God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
Re: GEARS PUT AWAY
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 10:40:02 AM »
Well said Chez! I didn't get out to much my self. :( Wanted to fish with some of the crew this season, but it never happened. Maybe next season. I'm in the process of putting my gear away. I like to thank everyone for the reports and friendship. Big thanks to FM for an Awsome site! Congrats to all who entered some slammer fish this short season. I'm looking forward to doing some spring turkey hunting and then some Crappie, Gill and Perch fishing. Maybe some River fishing in between.
Good luck, stay safe and see you on the soft water  u:)
Crappiman
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Offline CowDawg

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »
 !<>!  Agreed, it's now soft water time!!!  u:)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • Game Over, Stupid Won
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »
It takes me a couple months to pack up my stuff. Not because I have so much, it's just how I do it. But I've already moved on. Caught mt first catfish last week and caught a new PB today. Oh, and I bought a boat yesterday. This was without a doubt  the worst ice fishing season I've experienced. Hopefully we never see another like it. In spite of the wishy-washy weather I had some good times on the ice. Better winters are coming.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 06:29:57 AM »
yeah. ok, I've had my last fling. nooooww I got my gear put away. Most of it anyway. Aired out the clam yesterday and got it packed up and ready for storage. Gotta find a place where the mice will have a hard time getting to. Auger is stashed, tackle box is stashed... all bait containers are accounted for... rods are stashed. I made mental notes on things I need for next year like new creepers. The stabilicers didn't cut it, need to get some ice trekkers. And I need to get a Anorakk suit. But that's stuff to worry about in November. It's time to start thinking about spring and kayak season!
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Offline Van_Cleaver

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 08:44:38 AM »
Guess I'm still living in the past; or maybe the lure of a "prediction" of four nights in the row with temps at 20,19,13,18 still give me hope. Those are at elevation of course. Chez, if it makes you fell any better I got out three times, a record low for me. 0~  Don't have high hopes, but as I move boxes and stuff to my new "old" house I'm leaving the ice fishing gear til last. Enjoyed hearing from you guys; even if I didn't get to fish with you; maybe next year......

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 09:31:37 AM »
yeah, cold at night but hot during the day. The heat and sun are making what ice there is very unsafe. There might be half a foot of ice, but it isn't safe to walk on. The sun is what's killing the ice now.
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Offline Jiggerman

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »
Wednesday I put a camera down the hole that had temp on it and it said 41 on the bottom in 32' ft. 

The ice now gets beat on from the top by th he sun and bottom from warning water. 

I am done for this season.  The gear is drying out now and getting put away this year. 

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

Offline handsaw

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 05:17:06 PM »
My gear never had a chance to get out. I might have to get it out just to dust it off. Glad to hear that you guys up north at least were able
to get out. Better luck next year.

Offline CowDawg

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »
Same here!!  Packed all my ice gear in my big tupperware container, charged the Marcum up and it's all still sitting in the middle of my work shop floor..  ;D
Still need to wipe down the auger and store the hub in the cellar.

Change of fishing seasons now!  !<>!

If all goes well with all of us, hope to see everyone back on the ice next year!!!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »