Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Last night's fun.  (Read 920 times)

Offline Jiggerman

Last night's fun.
« on: February 22, 2016, 10:53:43 PM »
Was driving home from central pa Sunday afternoon after a relatively unsuccessful trip to rose valley for walleye with a bucket full of chubs and a outdoor temp in the upper 50's........  when I had an idea.  You guessed it I'm going fishing aga I n and I have just enough time to get to the lake hike out and get set up before the magic hour.   I started to drill the holes for my buddy and myself and get my stuff set up. Just before the third rig was to be placed I marked a fish so I dropped down a jog and proceeded to catch 5 nice fat yellow perch and a bass out, so I decided to set the rig up in another hole and leave this one to jig for later.   I was not even done putting the set out when the first jacker popped and the first walleye hit the ice.   My buddy showed up and set his flags up and then picked a hole just a little shallower than the one I was at to jig.  It ends up that neither one of us had to jig another hole the rest of the night we both had steady hordes of fish all night.  Any how the flags and jackers were steady all night until about 9:30 then it slowed down considerably for them.  Jigging was on fire until my lantern started to fade out then we called it a night. 

The highlight of the night was when my closest jaw jacker fired off and I looked over and it was still bent like it was set.  I ran over almost falling over and grabbed the rod out and yelled over to my buddy that I had a really big fish on.  I settled in on my knees and battled the weight on the end of the line that had my md hvy ugly stick bent like a pretzel and taking drag off in steady throbing runs.  My buddy ran over and told him to grab the lantern so I could see more if what's going on.  As soon as he grabbed it and tuned towards me the un think able happened.  My line went completely slack.....  I reeled as fast as I could hoping that it had just turned towards my but all that came back to me was empty hooks.     

All in all a pretty eventful night.

Here are the ones I got.

Big fish of the night

Ice Fishing 247

Last night's fun.
« on: February 22, 2016, 10:53:43 PM »

Offline diehard

• Ice Man
Re: Last night's fun.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:58:11 AM »
where's my invite??? lol that's sweet bro
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints