Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: White perch blitz  (Read 745 times)

Offline CaptSpike

White perch blitz
« on: February 21, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »
Hit one of my favorite lakes this morning. It was just Russ G and I. We arrived just before sunrise and headed out to this treat:

The top of the ice had some water from the previous day, it was 45 degrees when we arrived today. I opted to take my Striker Ice suit out and was glad I did. The wind came up and it got cool. Still way better than the previous weekend but cool for dungarees and a hooded sweat shirt (Russ's attire at the start). I drilled about 8 sets of holes and put my vex in the first set. It lit up so I fished it. I never moved from there. It was drop and pop. After I had about ten fish on the ice I talked Russ into coming over next to me. He never moved again. By 8 am we had our limit of white perch. Russ only wanted ten and I was good with fifteen so we called Dana to stop on his way home from working the overnight shift. I walked back to the access point and we sent Dana home with a limit. Russ and I split the other one.

We stayed fishing trying to catch a rainbow but no luck. We just continued to catch small yellow perch and more white perch. I call it educating the fish when you release them. The bite slowed down around 9:30 and we would only catch fish in flurries from then on. They would be all over us but only hit sporadically. Which was a good thing as we didn't want to educate too many of them. We hit the road around 10:30 and I was home by 1:00 after stopping for lunch.

Awesome day can't wait to get back out again.

My fish to clean. MMM good

I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Ice Fishing 247

White perch blitz
« on: February 21, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »

Offline Bog

• Just an old woodsman
Re: White perch blitz
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 04:52:53 PM »
Love it when you land on them like that!

Offline ram guy

• Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:08:47 PM »
Nice haul

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:08:47 PM »