Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: So. NH ice update  (Read 1336 times)

Offline CaptSpike

So. NH ice update
« on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »
Got over to Kingston today and the news is not good. Lots of saturated snow areas which also means anywhere there is snow is likely slush underneath. I confirmed this on a short walk onto the ice in a shallow cove. So even with the brutally cold temperatures it is likely little ice has been made in the snow areas as the snow has insulated those areas. The channel between the scout camp point and the island is still open water. Honestly I’ll be avoiding this lake unless the rain and warm weather saturates everything and we get some more cold. The season is getting shorter for this to actually happen. I am not optimistic.

If you do decide to fish anywhere in So. NH be very careful.

Pics from today below:

I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Ice Fishing 247

So. NH ice update
« on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »

Offline CaptSpike

Re: So. NH ice update
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 04:29:53 PM »
After last weeks rain and a couple cold days all the slush/snow is gone. Still looked to sketchy for me. Today I saw a large group fishing just off the end of the park. I went out to see how much ice they had. One guy said 6". It was hard for me to tell just looking into the hole. He also noted several "weak" open water spots around the area. That right there confirms the lack of consistent ice. He said they had 6" everywhere they drilled. I left knowing they were in an area that did freeze first and wasn't near where I like to fish which hasn't frozen much this year. If I get an itch to fish local I would probably fish the same area they were in but certainly wouldn't venture around freely. One other note, the edges in front of the park facing south were gone. The beach edge looked fair but definitely had some weak spots. No way to get on the beach and around the corner anyway so the beach access would only be relevant if you want to fish the cove that it sits in. It looked like these guys got on at the association beach on the north side. Likely a better edge to get in from.
Anyway if you do go there be very careful.
Spike

Offline CaptSpike

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 06:20:24 PM »
Just three days later this is what it looks like:

Actually saw a guy fishing from a boat on Greenwood lake today. Ice fishing is over on my local waters (not that it ever started...)

Spike

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 06:20:24 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question