Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: say goodbye to Pecks Pond  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
say goodbye to Pecks Pond
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:38:32 AM »
They are lifting reg's and creel limits before drawing it down to fix the dam. Sound familiar? Well, I hope they dredge it too while they're at it.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/news/2016pr/pecks-pond.html
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Ice Fishing 247

say goodbye to Pecks Pond
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:38:32 AM »

Offline chez

• PBR Man
Re: say goodbye to Pecks Pond
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:52:27 AM »
WOW
PIKE COUNTY NOW,,Pretty soon they will be nowhere to fishn in NORTHEAST PA....
UN REAL......
The fishermen should BOYCOT the lic.NEXT YEAR and FISH NY.
THIS STATE STINKS..I dontb FISH PECKS but,THE HELL..Do they have to drain all the lakes at ONCE???
They didn't see this COMMING..
WELL IF THEY DIDNT BSEE IT COMMING,THERE A BUNCH OF DUMB *$#&s.... >:(
They should give pa fishermen a free lic in 2017..guys will have to spend moire $$$ onn gas to look for a place to fish..
Ill BE IN NY.SC**W...PA,,BIGTIME......l
Why don't you need a trout stamp in NY????Maybe KP.or FREDDY can GIVE US SOME INPUT ON THAT,BEING THEY ARE FROM NY.
AND NYs TROUT FISHING MAKES PAs LOOK LIKE A JOKE!!!!!
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Offline Spider1

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:01:29 AM »
breath brother, breeeeeaath! lol!

yeah, this sucks. But this lake has needed a good dredging for years. they didn't wanna do it before because of some endangered or threatened duck or something or other. I hope that the do it while the lake is drawn down. This is a good lake but over the years it has gotten silty and over run with weeds. At least they have a schedule for completion on this lake. ::)

Offline ice attic

• Ice Man
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:51:57 AM »
I agree chez, ny is better all the way around. I think yu can buy a combo license  if you hunt to.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:51:57 AM »

Offline scrtspot1

• "BUBBA"
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »
Yeah that sucks! A friend of mine was contacted last summer about the project. His cabin is on the other side of 402. Spider is correct...that place needs a good weeding! Wish there were other ways around it but its probably not in the BUDGET!!!!!!

Offline chez

• PBR Man
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 11:05:27 AM »
I FONT WSNNA HEAR BUDGET...
THE ONLY THING IN THE BUDGET IS MORE MONEY FOR THE CROOKS... >:(
                                  END OF STORY.

Offline HenryDavid

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:57 PM »
I read the report but didn't see them mention when they were to begin the drawdown, any news on that ?

Offline Spider1

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »
from the link I posted.

-------------

Scheduled to begin in September 2016 immediately after the Labor Day holiday weekend, the drawdown is necessary to permit the most economical dam reconstruction methods, ensure safety of workers, and help address aquatic vegetation issues within the lake, which serves as a popular visitor attraction within Delaware State Forest.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »

Offline HenryDavid

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »
Thanks Spider, I missed that.  I totally enjoyed fishing Peck's in the open water but never had much success through the ice, mainly due to the weeds.  I'll definitely get up there for some bass fishing before the draw down.

Offline tobyto

• Ice Man
Pecks Pond Dradown
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 04:46:10 PM »
Fishing Regulations Lifted in Preparation
of Drawdown at Pecks Pond, Pike County

Unfortunately, safe ice fishing conditions have been fleeting amid our on-again, off-again winter and, as a result, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) and DCNR held off announcing the waiving of fishing regulations at Pecks Pond,” Dunn said. “Weather forecasts now point to safe, solid ice likely ahead, and we urge anglers to avail themselves of this expanded fishing opportunity.”

The temporary regulations take effect immediately and will remain in place until further notice by the PFBC. Postings and flyers are notifying state forest anglers of these changes, which will remain in effect until the lake is fully drained. Anglers are still required to have a valid fishing license.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day
Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

Offline chez

• PBR Man
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 07:21:47 PM »
Thanks Spider, I missed that.  I totally enjoyed fishing Peck's in the open water but never had much success through the ice, mainly due to the weeds.  I'll definitely get up there for some bass fishing before the draw down.

why don't you take me???Id luv to put the yak on it..Some big pecrh in there.

Offline SlimShanty

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »
The state draining down all these lakes should b ashamed that they left the dams get in that bad of condition ! I never fished this lake but i just do not think all these dams are all failing at the same time !!! Bradys , Gouldsboro, whit oaks and no pecks

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »

Offline Nemo

• 43" 21lb northern
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 09:34:50 PM »
The state draining down all these lakes should b ashamed that they left the dams get in that bad of condition ! I never fished this lake but i just do not think all these dams are all failing at the same time !!! Bradys , Gouldsboro, whit oaks and no pecks
Yeah....Don't forget about millers and next year belmont. Wonder what's next!

Offline capt.crappie

• Ice Man
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 09:43:13 PM »
They were supposed to drain it fall of 2014 & then that fugitive who killed those cops. Crashed right by there & it got post poned. Then they spent the  funding money somewhere else. I have done well at Pecks on perch,gills, big crappies & bass. It is shallow & very weedy. Its good they are planning on repairing it & re opening it in the future. But for us older guys. In  our lifetime we will not see the quality of fish that it has now. Sweet arrow & leaser lake had this same thing done . Neither one has many quality size fish. Nothing but dinks & lots of them. Only time will tell if lake jean ever amounts to anything more than over populated with dinks. I hope to make it to pecks & catch some this year  ;)

Offline Spider1

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 06:29:58 AM »
HD, yer right. That's the only reason I haven't fished it on ice to many times. I tried once, drilled a couple holes and found weeds right up to the ice. I wish I had a potato rake with me. I bet a hole through the weeds would have opened it up to the bottom where the fish are but it just seemed like too much work.

Chez, we can go any time. I once watched half a dozen Osprey work that lake while I fished the edge. It was a few years ago and all I caught was pickerel and weeds. I wish I had the canoe or a yak back then.

Slim, these Dams are like a century or more old, they need to be replaced. Besides, this lake needs to be dredged. I just hope they do that while they have the lake drained. They need to fund these projects and schedule them better. I don't understand how they can say that after 100+ years, we need to drain so and so lake but won't get to repairing it for a number of years. That's incompetent management right there.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 06:29:58 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question