Author Topic: Time for a rant  (Read 4879 times)

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Re: Time for a rant
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 10:56:30 AM »
I have been adding mouse poison blocks and now the trays of pellets baits to my clam, boat, and the shed where I store my quad. Worked last year.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 10:56:30 AM »

Offline kenP

• Charter Member
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »
After having mouse issues in my sled the last few years, when I had my boat in the shop last spring I saw that they had a partial roll of shrink wrap behind the counter and I asked the guy if I could buy some to wrap my ice fishing sled and the guy said I could have the roll for free since it was not enough to do a boat.  I was pretty excited and went home and wrapped my sled up tight using a heat gun to shrink it - which is not the best tool for the job by the way but it works in a pinch.  Anyway, I was quite hopeful for the grand opening a couple weeks ago and found that there were indeed no mice BUT, there must have been some moisture in it when I closed it up because the tent and seat fabric ended up with a lot of mold or mildew growing on it.  I wiped it down/scrubbed it with vinegar and that seems to have done the trick.  So this season I will be breathing vinegar instead of mouse pi** which is definitely an improvement.  I am not sure if I will try shrink wrapping it again or not.

Offline Hachimo

• Charter Member
  • Ice Man
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 03:31:27 PM »
Last week i pulled out my gear and my brand new Eskimo EVO2($500) shelter got attacked by mice and red squirrels in my garage.  A 6inx6in hole chewed in the thermal cieling and the materiel on the bench all chewed up.  Made me absolutly sick that i Only used 8-10 times and put it away in mint condition just to pull it out this year in this condition  oI

Online choo choo

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »
That really sucks Hatchimo...I know the feeling.

I don't take any chances anymore. I undo the completely dry shanty tent fabric from the poles and tub on both my shanty's after the ice season, fold them up and store them in 1 medium sized sealed plastic tote as recommended by Clam. The plastic tote spends the spring, summer and fall in my bedroom closet, and the tub with the poles all attached  are outside under the porch. No more rodent or mildew issues. 100% effective with no worries.
Stay Safe.......WHEN IN DOUBT ,  DON'T HEAD OUT

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »

Online choo choo

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2018, 04:20:26 PM »
I have been adding mouse poison blocks and now the trays of pellets baits to my clam, boat, and the shed where I store my quad. Worked last year.
FM
I am glad you had no issues last year FM.
 Those poison blocks, pellets and other poison baits work really good FM,.... but putting the poison baits "inside" the shanty, boat and shed will attract and encourage mice and rodents to go "inside" the shanty , boat , shed etc.. Yes they will die, but they can do damage to your gear before they die. ...and they will leave a scent trail that other mice will follow. Better to put the poison around the outside of the shanty, boat, shed etc..
I learned this after I spread all the poison blocks and pellet baits "inside" my stored camper a few years ago...dozens of mice were attracted to the baits inside the camper and made a hell of a mess. Now I spread all the poison baits outside the camper area ,  kills and keeps most all of the mice outside .
Stay Safe.......WHEN IN DOUBT ,  DON'T HEAD OUT

Online chez

• Charter Member
  • PBR Man
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 07:57:14 AM »
Last week i pulled out my gear and my brand new Eskimo EVO2($500) shelter got attacked by mice and red squirrels in my garage.  A 6inx6in hole chewed in the thermal cieling and the materiel on the bench all chewed up.  Made me absolutly sick that i Only used 8-10 times and put it away in mint condition just to pull it out this year in this condition  oI

That Sucks Buddy...
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 07:57:14 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question