Author Topic: Best Flasher  (Read 10166 times)

Offline chez

• PBR Man
Re: Best Flasher
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 06:54:00 AM »
I think your right about the power. The first Marcum that came up to lake George with us back in the day was so hot that vex guys couldn't fish near it.
FM

HD,,is correct,marcums,do have more power,so if you fish deep water,that might be the way to go.Deepest lake I fish isv FEW Dam,,,My vex has all the powere I need there. ;)
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 06:54:00 AM »

Offline Filetandrelease

• Ice Man
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »
I have fished around every unit made some due cause interference but with a little adjusting all are fishable ,

Offline ElectronICE

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 04:48:50 PM »
You can have a look at our learning center: http://www.icefishingfishfinders.com/pages/learning-center . You'll find a bunch of info on flashers, sonar fundamentals. Also on LCD models. Hope this helps.
Proud Sponsor of Ice Fishing 247

Offline Filetandrelease

• Ice Man
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »

That's good info it should help many that are not familiar or new to the sport

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »

Offline redblur00

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 09:50:10 PM »
My first was a vex fl8 worked good but noisy and dimmer then my vx1 marcum. Just my opinion. I got this one few months ago with gift card from the if247 tourny last year. The pack was bout 1oo and unit 50 used on ebay. Works great.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline CowDawg

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 10:00:17 PM »
I bought the Marcum LX5 last year and really like it..  I just wanted something basic and simple to operate.. And within my price budget!  Mark fish and depth and fish for them, no extra frills needed.

Offline Filetandrelease

• Ice Man
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 06:19:08 AM »
I have buds that own the lx5 and lowrance 4 they both work great one of my buds from PA uses the 5 in deep water for lakers ,nice crsp color , the lowrance colors are out standing , you get the full effect when it's in graph mode , and the little memory it has is very helpful , just takes time getting use to , the other thing you hear is that LCD have a delay , well they all units due ,but your brain can't pick it up , the fastest on the market is 1/20 of a second and that would be the marcum , it takes you 1/10 of a second to blink , the other is LCDs get slow in the cold , in extreme cold maybe , the much older model were sluggish and screens would fade , but they are made much better these days  , but I have used mine to almost -20 , most people use some type of shelter , so cold isn't even an issue , but I will still say the 1 that fit your budget is the best ,  ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:31:12 AM by Filetandrelease »

Offline diehard

• Ice Man
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »
I have a marcum LX7.  if anyone is contemplating getting this, stop contemplating and BUY it.  it is a wild piece of machinery, chart mode, vertical with zoom, traditional flasher...best part is that you can display 3 at a time...if you like looking at a lot of data.  you never have to adjust for depth as it has a dymnamic mode where it automatically adjusts the flasher to the depth you are fishing, so there is no "wasted space" on the traditional flasher display. it can also be used in open water and it works pretty good even without the open water transducer.   do not pay 699 for it.  i got it for 530 and there are lots of other deals.  or if you want an LX6, its the exact same thing with a smaller screen that you can easily find for around 500
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »

Offline Filetandrelease

• Ice Man
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »
The 7 is an amazing piece of equipment but my only question is what the hey do you need to look at 3 screens at the sametime giving you the same info ?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:18:53 PM by Filetandrelease »

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 03:16:19 PM »
I just got the LX6 but haven't had a chance to use it yet obviously. I will be taking it to the Daks next week to give it a try. I don't anticipate looking at 3 screens at once but having three different views of the same thing presented in different ways lets your eyes wander around and see the info offered. You get to focus on the one that is most useful. Once you have found a preference I believe you can customize the screen to feature your preference in the center and the ancillary views on the sides.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline ice attic

• Ice Man
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 03:18:22 PM »
I got my first one last year. I was in the same boat and didn't want to spend alot. Talking to some members,I got a used vexliar fl8 for $150 on ebay. Boy when they say you won't leave home without it, their right.what ever one you buy is better than none at all. I did look at the marcum showdown was going to get one but it was $300, so I got one for half the price. !<>!

Offline Filetandrelease

• Ice Man
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 03:44:23 PM »
I just got the LX6 but haven't had a chance to use it yet obviously. I will be taking it to the Daks next week to give it a try. I don't anticipate looking at 3 screens at once but having three different views of the same thing presented in different ways lets your eyes wander around and see the info offered. You get to focus on the one that is most useful. Once you have found a preference I believe you can customize the screen to feature your preference in the center and the ancillary views on the sides.
FM
Yes you can , you'll like the unit , and the different color screens available , as with most graphs , and diehard you got a steal that's all most wholesale cost at 530.00 for a 7

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 03:44:23 PM »

Offline diehard

• Ice Man
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:00 PM »
FM,
you'll love it when you use it.  just make sure it is in "ICE FISHING MODE" when you turn it on because it won't work in open water mode very well if you didnt buy the $200 open water transducer :o  needless to say, I was very confused for a minute or two while i was trying to figure out what the hell was going on.   
I use the traditional flasher display and on the side I do the vertical display with a 5 foot zoom on the bottom for deeper lakes.
The beauty of the graph mode is 1. open water use and 2. it has a memory so you can see what jig strokes scared them off, and which ones are productive.  Its a neat idea but definitely the least useful to me, personally.

I got a good deal on it from the sportsman's guide.  its an online club store, 30 bucks to join but you get 10% off everything, NO TAX and usually theres a code for free shipping.  Sometimes they have double discount days where you get an extra 10% off.   while I'm on this schpiel...if you have ever hear of UPROMISE, you can make a free account, and you get 5% back at the sportsmans guide, cabelas, bass pro, and a ton of other stores.  If you get the Upromise mastercard, you get 10% off all of these websites!  So that is how I got the LX7 for that price. 
Sorry I just went off big time but I think that is good info, especially for things that are a little pricey

Offline Filetandrelease

• Ice Man
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:56 PM »

Don't get me wrong all I was saying what that price equals which was great ,I have several buds that are in the fishing industry , and your info is helpful

Offline diehard

• Ice Man
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »
O I know.  I wasnt trying to pick an argument or anything. I completely understand what you were getting at.  but if you are ever in the market for something like a new flaher or trolling motor, its hard to beat the upromise / sportsman's guide combo
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:41:10 PM by diehard »

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question