Author Topic: Second trip safely done  (Read 1101 times)

Offline CaptSpike

Second trip safely done
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:38:29 PM »
Friday I felt like crap so I bailed on fishing. We rescheduled to today. Met up at 6am with Mark and we were off. Arrived where I had fished last week and it wasn't looking good at all. Edges were broken up and the color of the ice was that late ice grey. Not good. We continued to another early ice spot and were rewarded with a day of fishing.
Marks first problem was he forgot his boots! First trip is always the hardest.......Tons of small yellow perch with the occasional big boy every now and then. Ice was OK but I doubt it would take too many warm days to put it in the iffy stages. Mark had the hole with larger fish showing every now and then so I moved over next to him. Good for me because I landed two very nice White perch, a large mouth a couple decent yellows and a chub (along with a gazzilion small yellows). Mark caught a catfish just before I moved in to add to two larger yellows he had already gotten. When the action slowed we drilled a ton of holes looking for a depth break never found much of one.
Mark worked all the holes back to where we were based but was not rewarded. We then moved one last time and only small yellows again so with Marks feet wet and cold we headed for the truck. Wasn't a bad day, we got on ice and landed some larger fish.
Hot lure was the gold Hildebrandt flicker spinner tipped with spikes.

My nephew and his nephew hit a trout pond and iced three Brook trout. Our ice was much better than what they had but none of it was good. Thank god the cold is coming Tuesday. We need it to re-lock up what currently has ice and hopefully lock up some that don't.

Spike

[attachment deleted by admin]
I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Ice Fishing 247

Second trip safely done
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:38:29 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question