Author Topic: Last couple days weather.................  (Read 1855 times)

Offline CaptSpike

Last couple days weather.................
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »
With the DLS time I have been able to get back into my after work walks with the dogs. Yesterday we walked around the island on a local pond and while it was soft enough for me not to need creepers it was still pretty hard ice. Today I was sinking in up to 3" in some spots. Edges have started to show signs of open water (typical on some of the spots on this lake). If we keep having weather like this it wont take long before we will have no ice. Top layers are already starting to honeycomb and with rain tonight before the snow it wont get any better. Weekend looks warm again too. I was thinking this weekend while fishing this lake that we might see April before we quit ice fishing. I'm rethinking that after a couple warm days........Guess it's that time of year. Should be able to get till the end of March up north. By the end of March with nicer weather down here I'll be in full on open water prep mode. If it stays cooler I'll continue to ice fish till the change.

Spike
I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Ice Fishing 247

Last couple days weather.................
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »

Offline 9squirrel

• Ice Man
Re: Last couple days weather.................
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:50:30 PM »
Hey Spike, you just ice fish till the conditions don't allow it. When you go to the lake and cant get on the ice then you spend the day waxing the boat and getting ready for open water fishing. Hang in there guy.
love them gills

Offline chez

• PBR Man
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:45:17 AM »
I seen some MILKY ice on a few ponds yesterday along with some open shoreline.Depressing but,We cant change it.I think we still have 2 good weekends up in WAYNE county left.We cant complain this year ,the ICE HAS BEEN NICE.Compaired to the last few years.Open water season will be uppon us and you wont think about icefishin for a few months,then it will be upon us again.Hang in there .i think if your willing to travel some you will get at least 2 weekend more up my way.Take advantage of DLST,and the warmer weather.Do a nite trip or 2 before its over.Good luck brother.STAY SAFE.
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »
Open water season will be uppon us and you wont think about icefishin for a few months

wanna bet! I'm already makin plans for next year, lol!
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »

Offline Jiggerman

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »
A lot of the small ponds that have any sort of drainage flowing in were really high with lots of space from shore to ice.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question