Author Topic: Another warm day  (Read 1249 times)

Offline CaptSpike

Another warm day
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »
Hit the ice at just after 5am this morning. Got set up and started fishing in the dark. Didn't help much as only a few fish would bite. Crappie and white perch were the target species. A lot of follows early but not many takers. The the rain started. This made moving difficult. After a while I couldn't take it and went out drilled a ton of holes and started fishing around. I found fish in 20' just inside of the 23' we were set up in. We all moved into the area and started to produce some nice fish. Not a ton of them but definitely quality. After a while the bite tapered off and we were not seeing fish at all. We hit a bunch more holes but the same story they had gone. We decided to hit the spot I fished late last week hoping for more action. After the move we found fish even more sporadic and much smaller size than where we left. I drilled a ton of holes scouting but no go. We then decided to head back where we were. Good move as we found fish there again. When the bit died Mark found a nice school of crappie that we parked on and continued to catch while we cooked steak tips, onions and peppers for lunch. Mark had to leave for an afternoon commitment and John showed up. So I went in to get John and we got back out as the bite was dieing off. Cooked up John some Lunch and Dana and Corey decided to head out (1:30ish). John and I fished until 3 and called it a day. We caught a few more quality fish after Dana and Corey left but it wasn't on fire, we worked for what we caught. Sent Dana home with a bucket of fish and that was our goal.
No fishing tomorrow. I'm taking a day of rest. Lots of water on top of the ice. Ramps was getting punky due to cars driving on and the salt off them weakening the area. Parking lot was a total mud pit. I needed 4x4 to get out of it.
Good luck if you get out. We had a decent day picking away and you couldn't beat the weather.

Spike
I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Ice Fishing 247

Another warm day
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question