Author Topic: Squirrel 2'fer  (Read 4348 times)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
Squirrel 2'fer
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:45:31 PM »
I feed winter birds religiously. Sometime I'll post the list of birds that I have seen in my backyard over the last 10 years. Anyway, I get a lot of squirrels. I have three kinds living in my woods. The reds and the flying are welcome but the greys are pigs. I live trap them and give them to friends and acquaintances sometimes to complete strangers. lol So today I had a squirrel trapping first. Two at once, At first I couldn't figure out how it could have happened but after looking at the pics I think I figured it out. lol
FM

Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

Squirrel 2'fer
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:45:31 PM »

Offline steelie1

Re: Squirrel 2'fer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:58:34 PM »
"I live trap them and give them to friends and acquaintances sometimes to complete strangers."

Lol......too funny!

Offline corkdown

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:47 PM »
Tis the season.

Offline Nemo

• 43" 21lb northern
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 10:33:46 PM »
My father always told me thinkin with the wrong head will get you in trouble. :o

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 10:33:46 PM »

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 07:45:44 AM »
Yep, we feed the birds too. Those rats will jump onto the feeders and dig all the food out onto the ground in a minute and then drop down out of site to fill their cheeks. We tried squirrel proof feeders but there ain't any such thing. Shoot them and more would replace them. Probably why we have so many raptors around here. Them and chipmunks. Can't kill them critters fast enough.
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Offline Semper Fi

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 09:20:17 AM »
Amen on eliminating 'em. Between them and the bears I quit feeding. The chippies get special attention...... they seem to relish the wife's flower bulbs.

SF

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 10:47:02 AM »
I think between squirrels and bears, I'd rather have the bears. They would help keep the neighborhood kids in check too!  >:D
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline zziipp

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »
i rank squirrels in the same category as coackroaches. they are pest that just seem to multiply and can get into anything. we were working on a car one day and a squirrel war was going on up on the powerlines. two squirrels were battleing it out and all of a sudden we heard a bang and some sparks flew when one of the squirrels caught a live wire and we heard the thud when he crashed down to the concrete. we looked over and the lil varment was laying there twithing and shaking and we said dam hes toast. than 30 seconds later he started crawling dragging his back legs to get under a car. figured we should just end his misery we were going to give him his final rights and when we walked over the lil varmaint sprung back up on all four legs and bolted back up the pole. i couldnt believe he survived the shock let alone the fall when he slammed down on the concrete.
WHO SAID WE CAN'T WALK ON WATER.MUST BE A LAND LOVER.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »

Offline redblur00

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 10:17:23 PM »
Looks like dinner to me fm

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 01:12:43 PM »
long ago I had a rottweiler that hated squirrels. they would torment her when I wasn't home and she was stuck on a chain runner. Well, one day she was under a tall white pine tree barking her head off at a bushytail that was jumping back and forth in the top branches. I was standin by her laughin my butt off when the tree rat missed a branch and just sailed out into open space. The dog and I watched as the squirrel dropped some 90 ft in slow motion and bounced on the ground a couple times then took off running. The dog just looked up at me as if to say, "did you see that?"

I used to like chipmunks. Then one year we had a population explosion. I still didn't mind them much until I found them digging burrows into my $25,000 septic mound. Then they dug a burrow by my shed and chewed through the underground power line. Done. The buggers are nothin but destructive vermin.
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Offline 9squirrel

• Ice Man
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:43:02 PM »
squirrel pot pie YUM
love them gills

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:43:02 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question