Author Topic: Ist ice trip1/9/14  (Read 4613 times)

Offline jsguitar

• Multi species ice fishing
Ist ice trip1/9/14
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »
 Private lake NENJ . Finally got on the ice with my brother 1/9/14. My first fish (Crappie ) ,took a 1/4 oz. Hus spoon /Gulp Maggot .Greg did good on his chenille ties . I caught on 4 rods. The Tandem, Marmooska /Genz worm worked good .My marabou bloodworm caught a few . Jigging Rap/Perch eye ,Small jig with spinner bait rubber also caught .Chartreuse Crappie nipples turned the fish on .
 Our tally, using various jigging rods and Lures tipped with Berkeley Crappie nibbles, Gulp maggots ,Perch Eye : 3 Crappie,2Pseeds,1 BG,1Bass,1 White Perch ,about 6 or 7 Yellow Perch The Crappie were only in 9-7 fow around fallen tree branches from a tree that hung high above the water. We only caught one fish in 20" all the others were 10-8fow. Early ice on my home lake I usually do best 8-12 feet and come mid ice a bit deeper, say 10-25fow.Light biters except for the Bass and the Larger Pseed.
Prefer jigging panfish over setting up tip ups but do both .Use a Hummingbird ICE35 flasher unit .Fish mostly Cupsaw Lake but Waywayanda ,Vernon Valley Lake and Shepherds lake too. Greenwood and Hopatcong  and Green Turtle Pond a few times also.

Ice Fishing 247

Ist ice trip1/9/14
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »

Offline jsguitar

Re: Ist ice trip1/9/14
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:45:54 AM »
2nd trip 1/23/14 : Fished Cupsaw ,only got two fish 3-5 pm. The spots from the first trip got bites but no fish .Went a little deeper,(12 feet) and caught a Yellow and a white Perch on a Hildebrandt flutter spoon tipped with Power bait 'Trout nibble' .
 3rd trip:  Decent score on Vernon Valley lake .1/25/14 Brother and I each got about a dozen Fish . I jigged up  a 13"  Bass and one Pumpkinseed ,the rest were Gills and mostly female. Brother Greg caught a few seeds and the rest Gills and again mostly females . Hand tied beaded nymphs tipped with mealies worked good for me . The bass hit a brown Beaded nymph tied in above a 16th ounce bell sinker "pounding weight ".The hot jig for me which produced all but three fish  was a purple micro jig with waxworm .
Prefer jigging panfish over setting up tip ups but do both .Use a Hummingbird ICE35 flasher unit .Fish mostly Cupsaw Lake but Waywayanda ,Vernon Valley Lake and Shepherds lake too. Greenwood and Hopatcong  and Green Turtle Pond a few times also.

Offline jsguitar

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:40:42 AM »

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/njfingerstylejsguitar/media/P1012329_zpsa1b47a9b.jpg.html?filters[user]=139055408&filters[recent]=1&filters[publicOnly]=1&sort=1&o=0
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:30:18 PM by fishin_musician »

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »
I fixed your pic for you. You were almost there. your photobucket setting are wacky and I can't edit them for you but here is what to do:

When you are copying the link for your pic, choose the one called direct link (see my illustration below) copy that and paste it into your post, then... swipe the pasted link to highlite it and click this icon up in the post editing options on top of the post form. repeat this process for the rest of you pics.  For anyone reading this... This applies to just guys that have relatively new photobucket accts. As I said you have some setting picked that is outputting link codes that are different than what I am used to seeing. If you spend some time exploring your personal PB acct you will find profile settings and preferences Link Preferences is where you will find options. You need to add the link that looks like this:
Code: [Select]
[img]http:www. your image.jpg [/img] It is the img tags that you need. meanwhile use the instructions above.
FM

FM
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:55:43 PM by fishin_musician »
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »

Offline jsguitar

Resultsof 3rd thru 6th trip on the ice
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »
3rd)Vernon Valley Lake .Lot of guys out catching Bass and Pickerel on tipups .The Gills about 20 between me and my brother loved the mealworms and waxies on the beaded nymphs we tied and used .Also got a Pseed and a Bass on the brown beaded nymph ,grey tail feather/ mealie. Also the micro jig tipped with waxies was my most productive lure .The straightline combo was happening toward the end for me .fished 12:30-4:00 .Wet snow!!
 4th ) 1/29/14 Fished 1:30-5 pm Low 20 degrees .a few inches of snow on Cupsaw lake .Started out over 11fow and through about four holes caught plenty of dink Perch and Gills .The fish were hitting 9'-7' area.Moved into 8' and got a few small Perch and Gills but an inch or two bigger thatn what I was catching before .Straightline combo 3# test small feather jig ,and Marmooska tipped with waxies were the ticket ,same lure with mealies or spikes caught some too . The Crappie ,four from 11- 13.5 "s ,hit between 3:45-5pm when I banged it up .Dead shiner heads or tails on Nungesser spoon .Lost a spoon on a hook set on the 4lb leader .Stayed with 6# test and caught 4 on the Eagle claw rod . Pain fishin' the 2#test in the wind on the spring bobber rod .I stopped using it .
 5) Cupsaw by the Docs house 2 crappie , dink gills and Perch .
 6)Fished 2 holes west side after last cove before dam (22-25'),nothing ,cut two holes by spillway (12-14')and caught 5 Perch and a dink Gill. Fished noon-3pm .15" thick.

Offline jsguitar

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 03:43:14 PM »
Thanks FM ,i'll try to spend more time here and figure it out . The photo bucket thing discouraged me somewhat because I always found it easy on other sites to just upload pics straight from my computer files .

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »
It is really simple, and it is free for you. You just, " just upload pics straight from my computer files" to photobucket and them paste the link into your posts here. Or if you want to get a charter membership and enjoy photo hosting of your pics here the way you are accustomed to.
FM
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:30:54 PM by fishin_musician »
Have an Ice Day!

Offline jsguitar

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 02:43:37 PM »
http://s157.photobucket.com/user/njfingerstylejsguitar/media/IceNightFeb8_zpsba51591a.jpg.html?o=0

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 02:43:37 PM »

Offline jsguitar

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »
http://s157.photobucket.com/user/njfingerstylejsguitar/media/IceNightFeb8_zpsba51591a.jpg.html?o=0 (*)

Offline HenryDavid

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 04:48:29 PM »

On your photobucket page with the pic you have the options under "Share Links"  choose "IMG" and click there.  It should copy the code automatically.   Then paste it into the message box.  You are using the wrong code or it's not including the necessary tags (IMG,  URL,)

Offline jsguitar

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 04:32:24 PM »
Ist sign of skim ice on Cupsaw Lake ,Ringwood NJ today , in the NWWater temp was 42 degrees in the NE end of the lake

Offline jsguitar

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »
First sign of skim ice on Cupsaw Lake ,Ringwood NJ today , in the NW cove. Water temp was 42 degrees in the NE end of the lake .Still got some cold open water fishing to do and hope to get some Crappie Bass ,Bluegills and Pickerel but it wont be long before the ice fishin' gear and me are on the ice . Who has lower temps than 42 degrees?

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question