Author Topic: BlueTipz  (Read 1581 times)

Offline gee-dub

BlueTipz
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:36:33 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=BlueTipz+wireless+transmitter

"The BlueTipz wireless transmitter is an alarm that alerts you on your smartphone when you have a strike on your ice fishing tip-up."

i'm not surprised that this product exists, but it kinda goes against the spirit of the sport (for me, anyway).  technologically, pretty cool

Ice Fishing 247

BlueTipz
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:36:33 PM »

Offline Theo1963

Re: BlueTipz
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:50:58 PM »
I guess good old paying attention is now going out the door. Why not??? If you drive while looking down at your phone instead of the road, fishing should just be all about the phone as well. I'm glad I grew up during the normal times.
Enjoy the oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers and land as they are. But remember, it's not just yours. Carry out what you carry in.

Offline Walleye23

• Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
Just a fair warning to anyone buying the Blue Tipz transmitters to fish over any distance. They advertise a range of up to 600', but I could only get them to work inside of 75'. I bought two of them to fish from shore at my house and found them useless for what I need. I am now out over $100 because I even bought the booster to double the range.  It still is nowhere close to what I need and not even near half of the distance they advertise!

Offline RutNut

• The NEW and IMPROVED RutNut! ;-)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »
I kinda laughed when I saw these! But then again I'm old school..................don't even own a flasher or fish-finder!  ;)

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question