Author Topic: 2/18/12 Trip Report  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Jiffy Man

• Auger Monkey
2/18/12 Trip Report
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
I paired up two groups today for a total of four on the ice. They just wanted to learn how to ice fish and chase flags so that's what they did. A mixed bag again today. Had a great time with these guys. Lots of goofing around, it was fun. One group left around noon and the other stayed to the end.

Back at it again tomorrow...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:31:18 PM by Jiffy Man »

Ice Fishing 247

2/18/12 Trip Report
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »

Offline oddfish

Re: 2-18-12 Trip Report
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
You didn't happen to jig up the working end of a 5 1/2" auger there did you ::).  That's about where it went down.   :?

Looked like a fun day there.

Oddfish
Stick around you'll probably see something strange come out of the hole.  Oddfish

Offline HenryDavid

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »
Jiffy Man,  you have lots of nice posts on here.  I'm curious, how long have you been guiding, and how do you advertise.  I'm not even thinking about getting into it, I don't have the experience, I'm just curious, you seem to have lots of clients.

Offline Jiffy Man

• Auger Monkey
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »
Jiffy Man,  you have lots of nice posts on here.  I'm curious, how long have you been guiding, and how do you advertise.  I'm not even thinking about getting into it, I don't have the experience, I'm just curious, you seem to have lots of clients.

Thanks for the kind words. This is my sixth season guiding. I work my tail off to advertise. Keeping and maintaining our website and facebook, we are on this site, do the Rockingham Expo every year, and lots of leg work with bait stores. We have a really good working relationship with Suds N' Soda in Greenland and they keep our business cards and brochures on the counter. This year I did some discounted trips through an outdoor service and it seems to have got us some exposure in the Boston area.

I easily spend more time outreaching to get clients as I do guiding them. It seems like the word is getting out. I bust my hump to make them happy and make sure they have fun while they are with us. I meet clients at 6:45am but I arrive at 5:30 and set up the portable, drill all the holes, and set a tip-up next to each hole. All that needs to be done when they arrive is bait them and set them. That seems to really stand out to our clients.

Jiffy

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question