Author Topic: 2-3-11...a 75 fish day!!  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Jiffy Man

• Auger Monkey
2-3-11...a 75 fish day!!
« on: February 03, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »
Was supposed to fish with one buddy and got a call from a different one wanting to book a trip. So, I decided to try Kingston on Spike's suggestion and man am I glad I did.

We landed 75 fish total between two of us! A mixed bag of crappie and white perch.

The morning bite was fast and furious. We had to work for them in the afternoon but move around and managed to keep enough fish coming up to keep us entertained. My fiance and I love white perch so I kept more than Mike did.

He had so much fun he booked a half day for tomorrow. We will stay closer to home and chase jumbo crappie for fun.

All fish were caught in 20-24 fow on swedish pimples tipped with dillies.
A bit of a long walk in but a snowmobile had gone down through last night and packed a trail all the way to the lake.
Not too much slush. Well, not as much as expected. Lots of snow on the ice now though.

I owe you one Spike!

Mike with a few perch for supper. His trip came with a filleting lesson.

My supper(s)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:48:49 PM by Jiffy Man »

Ice Fishing 247

2-3-11...a 75 fish day!!
« on: February 03, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »

Offline CaptSpike

Re: 2-3-11...a 75 fish day!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »
Tim glad it worked out for you. Were you able to get the whites thru the day as well. I have only gotten them to bite early and late not many mid day. Thin them out there are plenty in there. Also let me know how they taste. A guy I spoke with last week thought the crappie tasted muddy from there but said the whites and yellows were fine????? My B-I-L used to eat the whites from there and never complained. I don't remember if he ate Crappie as well.

Spike
I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Offline Jiffy Man

• Auger Monkey
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
Tim glad it worked out for you. Were you able to get the whites thru the day as well. I have only gotten them to bite early and late not many mid day. Thin them out there are plenty in there. Also let me know how they taste. A guy I spoke with last week thought the crappie tasted muddy from there but said the whites and yellows were fine????? My B-I-L used to eat the whites from there and never complained. I don't remember if he ate Crappie as well.

Spike

I will let you know. I kept some crappie for just that reason. We got some whites mid day but really had to aggravate them off the bottom.

Thanks again for the info!

Offline CaptSpike

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:14:18 PM »
You went in thru the park I assume?
Its not to bad a walk if you got a path to go down but it is long if your towing gear over fresh snow. Been there done that. What stinks even more is no snow as you have to carry everything in, lol.
That's why I like my transportation now. I just hope I never go thru. That would not be good.

Spike
I catch fish........It's what I do.....
Experience.....There is no substitute.
So many fish.............so little time.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:14:18 PM »

Offline Jiffy Man

• Auger Monkey
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »
Yes, we went through the park. Thank god for the person who drove down through there with a sled. Between that and us walking back and forth there is a nice path to walk.

It was easy walking until we hit the ice. Then we slowed to a crawl. Now I know how flies feel when they get stuck in that tape, lol. At least I think I do.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question