Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Laker Cakes  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Reaper

Laker Cakes
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:47:17 PM »
I know a lot of guys love laker but a few don't care for it. I tried something that most anyone who likes fish will enjoy, I figured I'd share. I caught a couple the other day in the 20 inch range. So I filleted them and removed the pin bones making sure I got all the dark meat and fat off the fillet especially around the lateral line. Then I ran one of the fillets through my meat grinder with a medium plate on it. Tossed in a little onion, seasoned bread crumbs, splash of lemon and a tablespoon of Hellmanns mayonnaise. Mixed it thoroughly and formed two patties out of the mixture. Little oil and butter in the fry pan and cooked until golden brown and done through. Served it much like a burger on a bun with lettuce, tomato and tarter sauce. They turned out great. They are very similar to crab cakes obviously just a new twist on laker.  8)

Ice Fishing 247

Laker Cakes
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:47:17 PM »

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
Re: Laker Cakes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »
 !<>! Sounds great!
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

Re: Laker Cakes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question