Author Topic: PhotoBucket Hack  (Read 4530 times)

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
PhotoBucket Hack
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »
PhotoBucket instituted some changes over the summer that has messed up what was a good thing for one and all. They are now requiring users to pay an exorbitant fee to link their photos to 3rd party sites. This is imo the only thing they were good for. So It caused some problems for sites like this one and many others. Not to be deterred some coding wizzs have come up with hacks that make it all better. If you use Chrome or Firefox as your browser you can use these and all the old photobucket pics are visible again to you. It has to be done on your computer or tablet. Here is the conversation we had on SuskyFishers about the issue and the solution.
FM

Picked this post from another website that I frequent. Apparently Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com  does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums.
Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix,  that will display 3rd party hosted images.
It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

I've included the add-on to my Firefox browser and it seems to work. My Photobucket pics are now showing up on fishing websites where they were blocked before.

Bill

Good work!Since you added it to your browser I'm guessing that you will still be the only one who see's your pics. We should get a couple guys together to test it, and see if it works as a global or a local fix. Another possibility is that it might open the pics for anyone who has the patch. I will add the patch to my chrome browser later. Any other volunteers?
FM

Well I got around to adding this app to my Chrome browser. I had to go to settings/extensions/get more extensions/ then search for, Photobucket Embed Fix.
Once I had this installed I cleared my cache of stored images and was able to see all the missing photobucket images my pics and others pics. I noted that as developers come up with these patches to beat PB's attempt to hijack your photos PB fishts back and tries to defeat them so you may need to check for updated patches as the war goes on.
FM

Not sure I understand what this patch fixes?  I went to some of your old posts FM, that I knew had pictures and the pictures are still blocked on my screen.  Can only you see them?  If I download the patch will I then be able to see your pics?
AK

You got it. If you use chrome or firefox as your browser get to your apps or extensions and add it there. Then you will be able to see all the blocked photobucket pix.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

PhotoBucket Hack
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »

Offline ddmzbevan

Re: PhotoBucket Hack
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
Just did it and it worked. I now see all pics from past posts  !<>!. Question is what do I need to do now to post new pics.  :?

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »
Just did it and it worked. I now see all pics from past posts  !<>!. Question is what do I need to do now to post new pics.  :?

Well you can keep using PB or explore some other options, Imagur.com being one. There is another more complicated method I may delve into that involves having a Facebook acct. But for the people who could barely work PB it will be more trouble than its worth. out of curiosity are you a Facebooker?
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline ddmzbevan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »
No facebook for me. I guess Ill just use Photobucket

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »

Offline ratthikorn

• Ice Man
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:31:35 AM »
It is very useful knowledge to me.

Offline FISHFORPIKE

• Ice-Fishing Time
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 05:58:15 AM »
Thanks.  Better than seeing all those ungly gray boxes.
ICE is "NICE"

Offline Van_Cleaver

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 08:25:36 PM »
Great tip; thanks!

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »
Getting some requests for this topic, back to the top. It is a work around or hack that lets you see all the Photobucket pics on the site again. It dosesn't work on cel phones as far as I know but I should check into that. later
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »

Offline crappiman

• God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 08:12:15 PM »
HELP!
Trying to had this fix to my chrome. Can’t seem to find  Extensions /add ons oI
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
HELP!
Trying to had this fix to my chrome. Can’t seem to find  Extensions /add ons oI

Upper right hand corner the little orange circle with the ! in the center. Then look down the menu to More Tools. Then, Extensions
Then, Get more extensions Then, use the search box to find, Photobucket Hotlink Fix
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Offline crappiman

• God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 11:13:32 PM »
Upper right hand corner the little orange circle with the ! in the center. Then look down the menu to More Tools. Then, Extensions
Then, Get more extensions Then, use the search box to find, Photobucket Hotlink Fix
FM
Found it! Mine was 3 vertical dots right hand Corner. Added it and it worked no more grey boxes.
Thanks FM

Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 11:13:32 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question