PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: LX-6  (Read 461 times)

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
LX-6
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:16:53 PM »
I got the LX-6 early last season but wasn't able to get a whole lotta use out of it due to the crappy season we had. However, I picked up the open water hi speed transducer and used it on my little boat all summer working the susky for catfish. I switched it to graph mode and nite setting and dark background so you don't blow out your eyes looking at it. It really helped me see what a tortured bottom was under the waves. I'm such a river addict I never got it out on a lake but there's always next year. I put it back together in it ice pack and I'm cherging the battery up right now. Contemplating whether to install the upgrade or not had anyone gone ahead and done it? Are there any things to watch out for before I do it?
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

LX-6
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:16:53 PM »

Online FISHFORPIKE

• Ice-Fishing Time
Re: LX-6
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »
I just did the upgrade on my LX7.No big deal, no issues.  Just waiting to to retrain myself to some of the new settings.
ICE is "NICE"

Online diehard

• Ice Man
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 11:43:55 PM »
i thought it was just a fix for the shallow water reading. what else does the update do?
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 07:56:43 AM »
Supposed to clear up interference when fishing at depth.
FM

Holmes says. That will be a great help to anglers when fish are biting in shallow water. In deep water, the new firmware update cleans up screen resolution by eliminating some transducer interference “noise,” Holmes explains. “It was minimal interference – you were always able to fish through and still use it – but we made some improvements.”
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 07:56:43 AM »

Online FISHFORPIKE

• Ice-Fishing Time
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 07:58:49 AM »
i thought it was just a fix for the shallow water reading. what else does the update do?
Changes in terms referencing open water/ice modes, sensitivity. some of the dynamic depth stuff.  I really don't think they did much for the shalow water thing.  Never thought that was an issue anyways.
Updating firmware is almost always a good thing in electronics.  Bug fixes that are undocumented usually are addressed.
ICE is "NICE"

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 09:44:47 PM »
Being a tip ups come first type plus the fact that we had an epic fail of a winter last year. My opportunities to get to use my LX-6 on the ice were very limited. So today I had it out and was using it more that all of last winter put together imo. I had a break through when I discovered
Target Adjust. I need to read up on it but what I does is allows you to adjust the intensity of the target(s) that get hit by the sonar. That translates to bait and fish in the water column. Mine was set flat as low as it goes. Consequently I was getting these very thin lines to mark my bait and the fish. Fixed it!
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Online DeadBird

• Spring is a dirty word
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 08:46:04 AM »
The lx 6 & 7 have a bunch of possible adjustments. I'm on season four with mine and I still find new ways to improve their ability to detect fish. Unfortunately, I forget some tricks each summer and have to "discover" them again.  ::) Pretty sure the "target" return strength diminishes with water depth, go deep turn it up. I don't bring the manual along when fishing, I'm too smart for that! LOL  Tinkering is fun!  :)

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 08:46:04 AM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question