Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Marcum Firmware Update Available  (Read 779 times)

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
Marcum Firmware Update Available
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:17 PM »
I recieved an email regarding Marcum's digital sonar units today. If you have an LX-6, LX-6s, or LX-7 there is a free upgrade in the software that make it tick. One of the nice things about these units is that as technology improves it can be incorporated like we do with our phones, tablets and computers. You can read about the upgrade and download it here
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

Marcum Firmware Update Available
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:17 PM »

Online DeadBird

• Spring is a dirty word
Re: Marcum Firmware Update Available
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 06:45:39 AM »
I think it's great that Marcum updates the software, my problem is I love mine just the way they are.   !<>! For me they're perfect as is so I'm debating whether to load the upgrade.  :-\

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 07:03:01 AM »
From what I read about the upgrade, it's just some minor tweaks on stuff. Better shallow water resolution and they cleaned up some interference. Their digitals are already the best out there imo. I used my LX-6 all summer on my boat in the graph mode. I took it out of the soft pack made a mount for it, got the hi speed transducer, and ran it of the trolling motor battery.  Worked like a charm.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Online DeadBird

• Spring is a dirty word
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 07:18:15 AM »
From what I read about the upgrade, it's just some minor tweaks on stuff. Better shallow water resolution and they cleaned up some interference. Their digitals are already the best out there imo. I used my LX-6 all summer on my boat in the graph mode. I took it out of the soft pack made a mount for it, got the hi speed transducer, and ran it of the trolling motor battery.  Worked like a charm.
FM

Agreed 100%, they are the best digital units. I have zero interest in looking at other units. Your comment about making a mount reminds me, I want to make hard cases for them. They get bounced around quite a bit riding in milk crates on the back of the machines, I'm always worried about breaking something.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 07:18:15 AM »

Online FISHFORPIKE

• Ice-Fishing Time
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »
Doing my LX7 tonight.  I use it in my boat as well as on the ice.  Nice tool.
ICE is "NICE"

Online crappiman

• God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:19:01 AM »
I fish a lot farm ponds which are about 5 fow. Being able to see my lure at 2.5fow is going to be great  benefit, specially for suspending crappie. Big thanks to Marcum for fixing this issue.
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:35:58 AM »
?

do you really need a flasher to see your jig 2.5 ft under the ice? When it's that shallow I pull the ducer out of the way and sight fish.
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Online crappiman

• God walked on water to create Ice Fishing....
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 12:11:58 PM »
?

do you really need a flasher to see your jig 2.5 ft under the ice? When it's that shallow I pull the ducer out of the way and sight fish.
yes, I fish Mostly at night and my marcum would only show at 4 fow. I had crappie right under the ice before. Can't sight fish at night
Men and Fish are alike.... They both get in trouble when they open there mouths......

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 12:11:58 PM »

Offline duckbuster

• IF247 Staff
  • Gettin' Jiggy
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 08:14:36 PM »
Updated my lx6 tonight, super easy. Looking forward for ice to see how well the upgrade works.

Online CraPPeetAStik14

• CraPPeetAstIK
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 08:26:41 PM »
Yeah I think the downfall of the digitals is shallow water if they can clean it up quite a bit they are untouchable

Offline duckbuster

• IF247 Staff
  • Gettin' Jiggy
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 08:58:38 PM »
I think the update is supposed to fix the shallow water issue

Online fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • WTF
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 08:36:11 PM »
I got mine all up to date yesterday. I was confused for a while because the chirping sound that was reference in the install manual was not happening. At least what I would call a chirping. I was expecting to hear a quieter version the sound that a smoke detector makes when the battery is low. That's a chirp to me. Mine just went tick tick tick like a battery powered wall clock. When I figured out that was all it was going I went ahead and completed the install and all the rest of the steps went fine. Can't wait to ride it down town!
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 08:36:11 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question