Ice Fishing Info NH Ice Fishing NJ Ice Fishing NY Ice Fishing
PA Ice Fishing
VT Ice Fishing MA Ice Fishing

Author Topic: Fools On Ice  (Read 33813 times)

Offline Spider1

• The grumpy ol' dust farter
Re: Fools On Ice
« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2017, 06:06:30 AM »
yeah man, if we get the weather they say we will get, I might have to take a day off next week some time!  !<>!

(*) (*) (*)
When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2017, 06:06:30 AM »

Offline RutNut

• The NEW and IMPROVED RutNut! ;-)
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
I'm with you Spider- where we goin'?  u:)

BTW, all this Chinese food talk got me hungry today! Had to run out for the Lunch Special #25 Chicken and garlic sauce!  ;D

Online Van_Cleaver

« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
There's a really decent buffet in the same shopping center as the Home Depot near me. I'm a carpenter by trade so.....Honey; have to run out for materials. ;) You guys should be making ice after tonight; six days in a row at Mt. Pocono; if they are close on the predictions.

Offline chez

• PBR Man
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »
There's a really decent buffet in the same shopping center as the Home Depot near me. I'm a carpenter by trade so.....Honey; have to run out for materials. ;) You guys should be making ice after tonight; six days in a row at Mt. Pocono; if they are close on the predictions.

Im a fellow carpenter by trade also buddy.Union Carpenter almost 19 years.build a lot of Bridges.....
Then i got Diogonsed  with RA threw 90% of my joints.i even have it in my eyes.
Man i miss the Work Brother.
Had tons of friends in the union...
Now i work for a med supply.
I set up cpap and bypap machines.
O/2 set ups.diabetic shoes.at least i can do some kind of work.
Disability isnt 4 me.im 100% qualiified.but it aint my style.As long as i can fish,hunt and drink beer.ill do dome kind of work.
I luv the gooks buffett.
WHEN THE BEERS GONE WE'RE GONE

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »

Online Van_Cleaver

« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
Sorry to hear of your medical issues chez, but as you know you gotta do what it takes to survive and take care of your family. I've been doing residential and some commercial carpentry since my mid twenties. No union, and no benefits for the last several years. >:( Now I do a lot of handyman renovation stuff. I'm blessed to still be able to do it at my age (63) and fishing and music are a big part of that, not that I don't enjoy an adult beverage now and then. I used to hunt a lot when I was younger, but grew up on a farm when wild  Ringnecks ruled. Man I miss those days!

Offline chez

• PBR Man
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2017, 07:15:29 AM »
I remember when they stocked ring neck in our area.
Thats back 45 pluss years.
Couldent wait go get out with my dad.
I had an old 16 gauge Savage 30" barrel.
I couldent hit nuttin with it.lol.Him and his buddies nicknamed me MISS....
One saturdsy when we got home from hunting and, me missing a bunch of rabbits and birds.My dad took me to the garage,He said (bring that gun)...i figured he was gunna hit me over the head with it :'(
But to my suprisd he had the hacksaw out...He cut off 4" of the barrel.lol.then he had his buddy a few days latter put a site on it.
I thought he was crazy.lol.
Well the following saturday,,,it was a differrnt story.
I did miss a few times first shots.but follow up shots killed...Everytime.
I went from being csll Miss,to Trigger Happy.lol.
Man those were the days.Can never relive them ,VC.
GOTTA KEEP PLUGGING,MAKE A BUCK WHERE YOU CAN.
AND ALLWAYS HAVE ((((BEER NEAR))))!!!!!!!

Online Van_Cleaver

« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »
chez, where I lived we often saw or flushed pheasants on the way to the bus stop. We had 92 acres and there were farms around us that grew corn as well. There were so many birds that I once let a towering Ringneck go without firing. My brother asked "what the H### are you doing". I replied," it was too easy of a shot anyway." By the late seventies they were fast disappearing and never came back. >:( A tightly chokes smooth bore will really hurt you unless you are doing open field long range shooting. After a while it got so the birds wouldn't flush till you nearly stepped on them; time for cylinder or at least improved for the choke. I still love grouse hunting but they got shot out and chased out from developement any where near me. Now I have to drive two hours just to find them. A beautiful 20 ga. Franchi U+O collecting dust in the attic. :'( BTW I used to own an old Savage 311 20ga. one of the clunkiest guns ever made. Can't get it back but nice to have some great memories, and looking forward to making more!

Offline chez

• PBR Man
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »
Ya buddy.Great Memories.
Late 70s ended our pheasant hunting.stocked less and less birds.and more for our lic....
It Sucks.
End of Story.

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question