Author Topic: Ice lost after rain yesterday  (Read 879 times)

Offline Mcoop

• Ice Man
Ice lost after rain yesterday
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
Hit a private lake near LH today. It lost about 3" or 4" of ice in the rain yesterday. The temp dropped quickly and it was noisy all day long Harding back up. Lots of bass, perch and pickerel on shiners and fatheads. Some crappie and gills also. Check your ice good, what was 8" of black ice a couple of days ago may be unsafe now.

Ice Fishing 247

Ice lost after rain yesterday
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »

Offline billyr

• Ice Man
Re: Ice lost after rain yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
First time here, not first time on the ice.  Flemington area, Round Valley and Spruce Run are both easy runs.  No reports anywhere that I can find.   Should slap myself for not making some! 
  Anyway, I will make a trip this week and report back.  Just on the ice, not on the fish!  Hope good luck to anyone fishing!  BillyR

Offline fishin_musician

• Administrator
  • May the Ice Be With You
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »
First time here, not first time on the ice.  Flemington area, Round Valley and Spruce Run are both easy runs.  No reports anywhere that I can find.   Should slap myself for not making some! 
  Anyway, I will make a trip this week and report back.  Just on the ice, not on the fish!  Hope good luck to anyone fishing!  BillyR

Great to have you here. I used to fish Spruce all the time back the the late 80's and 90's when I lived in NJ watched them building Round Valley but never had the pleasure of fishing it. I moved back home to NEPA in 2000. I look forward to reading your reports.
FM
Have an Ice Day!

Ice Fishing 247

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »

Support IceFishin247

IF247 Charter Member Our Charter Member Program is a great way to support this site. You get your choice of IF247 Hoodie or Hat and some awesome account enhancments. Check it out!
Charter Member Now

Black/Orange Beanies
Black/Orange Ball Caps
IF247 Store

Photos Posting Tutorial

Get Forum Help

How do I do that?
IF247 SURVIVAL GUIDE
Answers to your FAQ's :?

More FAQ's

Ask a Question